Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

They appear to be doing nothing to the exterior besides replacing the balcony railings and the ones that appear to be replacements, look like the utilitarian railings on the 80's addition. In other words, it appears that this building is not going to look any better (at least above the first floor) after renovations are done.

A lot going on in this picture. I actually took it as a Construction update on the Aura Condo, but other projects under way in the commercial core can also be seen. That includes the new recladding on the eastern flank of the Eaton Chelsea Hotel in contrast to the old cladding on the western tower. Take a look for yourself here.

12684514223_41d93ece73_b.jpg

IMG_20140316_174424.jpg

IMG_20140316_174427.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140316_174424.jpg
    IMG_20140316_174424.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 3,146
  • IMG_20140316_174427.jpg
    IMG_20140316_174427.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 3,213
I stayed at the Eaton Chelsea last night and I have to say they certainly haven't renovated the rooms, at least not the one I stayed in. Balcony has a new covering but it was still locked from the inside.

Something is brewing here, no info yet?...................
33 GERRARD ST W
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York Distriict

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 230523 STE 27 OZ Sep 30, 2015 Application Received

Could it be this?

Highly unlikely. There was a plan to fill in the existing courtyard off Walton Street for additional conference/banquet space - might have something to do with that.

And gawd that G+C concept is the epitome of ugliness.

AoD

I see this from time to time and, personally, I don't see any positives from covering ugly with more, taller ugly. There's enough G+C down there already including a white/black colour blocked spandrel mess currently excavating.

I see this from time to time and, personally, I don't see any positives from covering ugly with more, taller ugly. There's enough G+C down there already including a white/black colour blocked spandrel mess currently excavating.
Exactly. How does building even more noticeably ugly buildings improve any situation?

Highly unlikely. .

AoD

Wrong again

33 GERRARD ST W
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

The Chelsea Redevelopment Project includes a 4-tower scheme with residential, hotel, commercial and retail uses. An 80 storey tower and 50 storey tower are proposed at the north end of the Site, and a 74 storey and 46 storey tower are proposed at the southwest comer of the Site. A mid-rise mixed-use retail and office commercial building, with collaborative work space, will be located at the southwest comer of the Site. The five new buildings will be oriented along an east-west mews that will reconnect the east and west ends of Walton Street, and a north-south pedestrian walkway connecting Gerrard Street to Elm Street. 1,897 residential units and 300 hotel rooms are proposed on the Site. The overall gross floor area .proposed is 164,306 square metres, consisting of 139,289 square metres of residential gross floor area, 17,133 square metres of hotel gross floor area, 5,776 square metres of office gross floor area and 2,108 square metres of retail gross floor area, and resulting in an overall density of approximately 17.5 times the area of the lot
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 230523 STE 27 OZ Sep 30, 2015 Under Review

Back