Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

I haven't see anything that suggests signage will be going there. It would have to be approved by the city first.

Why would they have to apply for signage, when all they are doing is replacing the existing signage that was at this corner before the renovation? At the most all that is required is a variance to LED/Electronic signage and this is for a project that is not going to be complete for another year.

DSC_3650.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_3650.jpg
    DSC_3650.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 2,137
Speaking of Apple, I still don't understand why Apple shouldn't move out the Eaton Centre and establish a stand alone store nearby, for example, that large nice building which used to be the Urban Outfitter (or Buffalo?) seems to be vacant.

Looking at the Apple store in Paris, NYC or Shanghai makes ours look embarrassing - it takes as much space as a regular shoe store in a generic mall.

Speaking of Apple, I still don't understand why Apple shouldn't move out the Eaton Centre and establish a stand alone store nearby, for example, that large nice building which used to be the Urban Outfitter (or Buffalo?) seems to be vacant.

Looking at the Apple store in Paris, NYC or Shanghai makes ours look embarrassing - it takes as much space as a regular shoe store in a generic mall.

Yup I think that would be a far better move for Apple - and probably much more beneficial to the city/Yonge Street than having it in the mall.

AoD

For a major market like Toronto I expect a standalone flagship as well. It's just a daydream on my part, but the vacant bank building next to Massey tower would be ideal for Apple. They treat heritage buildings with great respect and the location is as good as you can ask for. It would never happen, but a location on Yonge or in Yorkville is certainly likely.

For a major market like Toronto I expect a standalone flagship as well. It's just a daydream on my part, but the vacant bank building next to Massey tower would be ideal for Apple. They treat heritage buildings with great respect and the location is as good as you can ask for. It would never happen, but a location on Yonge or in Yorkville is certainly likely.

Well, you raise a good point. That Massey Tower retail sure would lend itself well to an Apple Store- but again, we'd be waiting for a number of years. Maybe a shop at Bloor/Yonge in the coming months, and another further down Yonge at Massey Tower upon its completion?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 11.46.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 11.46.08 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 359
Speaking of Apple, I still don't understand why Apple shouldn't move out the Eaton Centre and establish a stand alone store nearby

Yup I think that would be a far better move for Apple - and probably much more beneficial to the city/Yonge Street than having it in the mall.

One could do both. Now that the tower proposal is dead, the building on the NW corner of Queen and Yonge, part of which is occupied by Atmosphere, would make a nice flagship store location (for Apple or another brand), especially if they tore off the cladding and restored the facade. It is part of the Eaton Centre, and they could even (depending on current leases) add an entrance from inside the mall (which they used to have).

I assume that I am not the first one to mention this location in these threads. (Just about every vacant or occupied space in downtown Toronto has been mentioned in these threads as a potential Apple Store location)

Of course, there is nothing about CF's track record which would suggest that they would be inclined to bold moves such as this.

LED Clips/Hangers are up at the Trinity Entrance on Yonge. Same Entrance as the old back to back tower backlit ads.

So, let's see what we get here...

LED Clips/Hangers are up at the Trinity Entrance on Yonge. Same Entrance as the old back to back tower backlit ads.

So, let's see what we get here...

This is what the entrance at Yonge near Dundas looks like today.
IMG_3713.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3713.JPG
    IMG_3713.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_3714.JPG
    IMG_3714.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 341

Back