Toronto Dragon Condos | 37.49m | 10s | Ideal Developments | IBI Group

I think he meant poor architecture and aesthetics in the surrounding area, which I agree with.
If one thinks a chaotic/messy/dirty Chinatown is more authentic, he is completely mistaken. Our Chinatown should be cleaned up with a "nice" appearance.

Derelict means disused, not "chaotic/messy/dirty" through activity. Detroit is derelict, that stretch of Chinatown is anything but.

AoD

Nothing pretty about any of this:eek:
Gee, there are a bunch of burnt bldgs. north of here that haven't even been touched in years...yuck

Now you could be a little more honest about the site in question, instead of showing me something much further up Spadina (to Kensington Market, even). How about this instead in the immediate area, south of Dundas -you can even see the building site in question, on the west side of Spadina.

Spadina E.jpg

Spadina W.jpg

"Nothing pretty" and "derelict", right?

AoD

Attachments

• Spadina E.jpg
    Spadina E.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Spadina W.jpg
    Spadina W.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,380
Last edited:
It looks like charcoal, but there seems to be some brown in it. It isn't black. If you have something with a true black surface like an iPhone, compare the black screen with the bricks on your computer monitor, particularly in stjames2queenwest's third photo.

That looks much better than charcoal brick; the white pointing also creates a nice contrast. A similar toned brick is being used on the townhouse component of The Ravine condos.

Ok so maybe it's not black. I will settle with anthracite which is darker than charcoal. Regardless the photos are dreary cause it was gross out but it is a much darker brick than anything I can think of downtown.

Back