News   Apr 24, 2024
 987     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 630     0 

General cycling issues (Is Toronto bike friendly?)

I never said that it would have an equal affect. I said that the solution to help people cycle in the winter is the same solution that helps people drive in the winter. Without clearing the lanes of snow, you would not be driving in the winter as easily.

Clear bicycle lanes would mean that people have the ability to actually cycle in the winter if they choose that option. Without clear bicycle lanes, many people are simply not going to hazard it because it is simply too dangerous. A similar thing happens with drivers when the roads are not clear, although obviously the affect is a little different, as a car is not a bike.

Never expected this to sail through council so easily.

Screen shot 2015-07-09 at 1.23.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-07-09 at 1.23.05 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-07-09 at 1.23.05 PM.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 596

View attachment 50207

I'm pretty sure Ford could be functionally replaced by duct-taping his "No" voting button down in the city council chambers. Didn't he vote against a symbolic motion congratulating our athletes a couple months ago?

I'm pretty sure Ford could be functionally replaced by duct-taping his "No" voting button down in the city council chambers. Didn't he vote against a symbolic motion congratulating our athletes a couple months ago?
I remember him voting against honoring Nelson Mandela at the Nelson Mandela High School or something similar a while ago...

Or (moving it down two rows of keys) ...

18zy7223prvpajpg.jpg

View attachment 50207
Great news. It passed unanimously through the PWIC. Just this morning I needed to bike along Adelaide a bit before 9. Waiting at one of the stoplights (Brant I think), I counted 21 bikes stopped. Simultaneously there were only 4 cars stopped, each with single occupants. There is serious usage of these lanes.

Once we passed university and the bike lanes abruptly end, the right was lane was still de facto a bike lane as there so many bikes that continued onwards. Let's hope they get this done soon!

I don't know totally how it's going to work with the weird truck elevator location though. They haven't really thought that part through.

He voted against a symbolic motion wishing himself luck with his surgery... The taping idea would work no matter what issue is being voted on.

Doesn't look like satire. And personally when I used to commute occasionally on bike back in the 1990s in suburbiawhen I was more risk adverse, I DID ride a couple of bits on sidewalk, simply because you'd had to be crazy to try and merge with traffic coming off the nearby expressway in a regular lane, when there was a completely empty sidewalk next to it.

Took my bicycle for a ride from Queen's Quay to Sunnyside along the Martin Goodman Trail today. There was a sign at Strachan Avenue informing that the trail is closed for the Pan Am Games during certain days. However, it also said to use British Columbia Road to detour. The bad news British Columbia Road does not reach or start at Strachan Avenue. There were no other detour signs. Had to use Manitoba Drive over to Saskatchewan Road, Dufferin Street, and then British Columbia Road. There was another blockage on the trail at Lake Shore Blvd. and British Columbia Road.

Total lack of detour signs for bicyclists.

He voted against a symbolic motion wishing himself luck with his surgery... The taping idea would work no matter what issue is being voted on.

Rob uses the cancer excuse to BS his way through everything these days. Since it serves him quite well, why would he vote for the cancer to go away?

Hahaha, saw those guys on the MGT on Queen's Quay yesterday. They were yelling "clear the path" and everyone was ignoring them.

Back