News   Apr 24, 2024
 594     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 807     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 540     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Won't who ever is in charge at the TTC, City Hall, and Queens Park, go over to Europe to see how real transit traffic signals are like? Then compare with what we have here.

4208245090_f5e89fd6f8.jpg

qqfirewb.jpg

Then tell us why this is what we need here or not? (Where's the verbage sign cluster? We can't do that here!)

And consider using nearside traffic signals, even if they are illegal but could still be used for informational purposes.

I agree that Queens Quay is a complete Mess as far as lights are concerned. I think there have been a few pictures of european style lights being install for the Ion LRT and it may be the test bed for it in Ontario followed by the Crosstown. Who knows may the TTC might even add it to there rights of way too.

I agree that Queens Quay is a complete Mess as far as lights are concerned. I think there have been a few pictures of european style lights being install for the Ion LRT and it may be the test bed for it in Ontario followed by the Crosstown. Who knows may the TTC might even add it to there rights of way too.

The city and province could have tested the European signals on the Queensway streetcar right-of-way decades ago, but were afraid. Very afraid... that they would work and be acceptable.

Sorry if it was discussed already, but does anyone know if there will be a new symbol for the LRT on TTC signage, or will it use the same symbol that the streetcar has designated? Essentially what I'm asking is if LRT will now be considered as a different mode of transportation by the TTC

27557157622_ed3ba0d51f.jpg

Just imagine this sign to be on Eglinton Station once the Crosstown LRT is up and running (hopefully) in 2021. I want to transfer onto the LRT, would the symbol used to depict the LRT be the same one as we have now for streetcars, or will there be a new one designed?

Sorry if it was discussed already, but does anyone know if there will be a new symbol for the LRT on TTC signage, or will it use the same symbol that the streetcar has designated? Essentially what I'm asking is if LRT will now be considered as a different mode of transportation by the TTC

It will be Line 5, a with an orange colour--a circle like the yellow 1 for Yonge, or the green 2 for Bloor. Essentially it is being considered the same as the subway and Scarborough RT. No, it will not use the streetcar symbol or be considered, for signage purposes, different from the subway in any way, as far as I know.

27557157622_ed3ba0d51f.jpg

I'd imagine it would be. My question would be whether or not they would update the streetcar icon. How would you clearly differentiate the two in an icon format?

new-ttc-streetcar.jpg
r

Anyone have a guess when the Mount Dennis to Pearson and Kennedy to UTSC additions will start construction? They're still officially happening, I hope.

Anyone have a guess when the Mount Dennis to Pearson and Kennedy to UTSC additions will start construction? They're still officially happening, I hope.

Those extensions are still in the planning stages, let alone any funding been allocated to them.

There are EA's for them, but they need to be adjusted a bit, and there is simply no money allocated to this project.

Its a municipal idea floated by the city planner, meaning, grains of salt need to be taken.

They want it done by opening of the original Crosstown but I say, fat chance.

2025 maybe.

I'd imagine it would be. My question would be whether or not they would update the streetcar icon. How would you clearly differentiate the two in an icon format?

As I said above, no, it will not be the same icon as the streetcar. It will be Line 5 with an orange circle, the same style as the subway and SRT, not streetcars. It will be treated identically to a subway line for signage.

I can't remember where exactly I saw it, but I was looking at a design standards document of some sort, and there was a distinct LRT icon, similar to the subway and streetcar ones above.

Those extensions are still in the planning stages, let alone any funding been allocated to them.

There are EA's for them, but they need to be adjusted a bit, and there is simply no money allocated to this project.

Its a municipal idea floated by the city planner, meaning, grains of salt need to be taken.

They want it done by opening of the original Crosstown but I say, fat chance.

2025 maybe.

Kind of a moot point if we don't have enough LRVs delivered by Bombardier anyway.

Tree removal on Mount Dennis Station Site, Maintenance Storage Facility and Toronto Regional Conservation Authority Lands

See link.

Crews will be removing designated trees within the designated City of Toronto Ravine and Natural Features Protection and Toronto Region Conservation Authority areas on the north side of Eglinton Avenue West from Keelesdale drive to Photography Dive to make way for the future Mount Dennis LRT Station. All works will be carried out with the approvals and cooperation of the responsible authority

tree_removal.jpg

Hours of Work

The work will take approximately three (3) weeks to complete and may begin as early as September 12, 2016. Please note that work could be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.

What to Expect

To accommodate for the removal of a significant number of trees, including mature specimens and dense forest area the former Kodak lands have been divided into two sections; a western area (Mount Dennis and EMSF site) and an eastern area (City of Toronto ravine and Natural Features Protection and Toronto Region Conservation Authority).

All of the western two-thirds and approximately half of the eastern two-thirds of the site will be excavated and regraded both due to existing contaminant remediation procedures and for new grades for roads, water management ponds, and new buildings.

I hope that they at least turn those trees that they will be chopping down into furniture or wood flooring, and not mulch.

Tree removal on Mount Dennis Station Site, Maintenance Storage Facility and Toronto Regional Conservation Authority Lands

See link.

tree_removal.jpg

I hope that they at least turn those trees that they will be chopping down into furniture or wood flooring, and not mulch.
...or they could be made into Eglinton Crosstown souvenirs, just like the Maple Leaf Forever tree.

Back