News   Apr 24, 2024
 112     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 384     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 457     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I'm pretty sure it's to prevent snow and ice from formulating on the platforms to help protect against people slipping onto the tracks and dying. Worthwhile IMHO.
yes that's what I was going to say after my first post but had trouble with the post. That makes sense

Guess you don't know what photographic film was.

As late as 1976, Kodak commanded 90% of film sales and 85% of camera sales in the U.S.. Believe it or not, Kodak developed a digital camera in 1975, the first of its kind, the product was dropped for fear it would threaten Kodak's photographic film business. Digital cameras did in fact.

See link.

Aerial_view_of_the_Kodak_campus_in_Mount_Dennis.jpg

See link for article on
The End of Kodachrome and the Death of Kodak Heights

Not just that, but the phrase "Kodak moment" entered the English lexicon as well.

Heated shelters would alleviate the complaint among Scarborough residents that they have to put up with freezing in the cold of winter waiting for light-rail trains, while people in other parts of the city wait relatively comfortably in underground subway stations. Waiting in the cold is a legitimate complaint if the trains won't arrive every 2-5 minutes, which may very well be the case. Spending a small amount on heaters to make a transit line user friendly and popular is a far better use of resources than spending billions to tunnel a subway extension where it's not necessary, just to address minor issues like waiting in the cold or avoiding a two-staircase walk to transfer between trains.

Heated shelters would be a nice touch. So far I am a little bit concerned about the difference in design between the underground "stations" and above ground "stops" leading to an inferiority complex, because we all know that's already a thing. Heated shelters and guaranteed transit signal priority could go a long way.

Heated shelters would be a nice touch. So far I am a little bit concerned about the difference in design between the underground "stations" and above ground "stops" leading to an inferiority complex, because we all know that's already a thing. Heated shelters and guaranteed transit signal priority could go a long way.

I think the shelters for the stops are likely to bee the same as the ones we see on Queens Quay, Spadina, and St. Clare. The only thing they seem to plan to be adding is WiFi to them. Heating them would be a big expense and may attract homeless poel to camp out in them.

I think the shelters for the stops are likely to bee the same as the ones we see on Queens Quay, Spadina, and St. Clare. The only thing they seem to plan to be adding is WiFi to them. Heating them would be a big expense and may attract homeless poel to camp out in them.
Good thing they aren't adding too many Pokéstops to them.

If they can heat most condos, office buildings, even house driveway entrances and exits for their motor vehicles, we can heat the platforms for the second class citizens who use public transit.

heated-concrete-driveway-1024x768.jpg

It's time that transit riders be first class citizens.

02cover-new-blog427.jpg

If they can heat most condos, office buildings, even house driveway entrances and exits for their motor vehicles, we can heat the platforms for the second class citizens who use public transit.

heated-concrete-driveway-1024x768.jpg

It's time that transit riders be first class citizens.

02cover-new-blog427.jpg

heating the ground to melt snow and ice does not provide any heat to keep someone warm as there aren't any walls or floors that are insulated to radiate the heat. I relly don't think Metrolinx is going to spend money building sheds at Transit stops to keep people warm in the winter, they will just have to suck it up like streets and bus riders do. Maybe they might have a small structure with heaters in it like some go train platforms do but with them being in the middle of the street as opposed to an isolated platform by a railroad track they could still have problems with homeless poel wanting to live/ crash in them.

heating the ground to melt snow and ice does not provide any heat to keep someone warm as there aren't any walls or floors that are insulated to radiate the heat. I relly don't think Metrolinx is going to spend money building sheds at Transit stops to keep people warm in the winter, they will just have to suck it up like streets and bus riders do. Maybe they might have a small structure with heaters in it like some go train platforms do but with them being in the middle of the street as opposed to an isolated platform by a railroad track they could still have problems with homeless poel wanting to live/ crash in them.

Why does Metrolinx heat GO train stations but not subway stations? Why is Metrolinx treating transit using Torontonians like second-class citizens? Toronto deserves better than this. Disband Metrolinx and throw Wynne out!

/s

Back