News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 727     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The church at the south east corner of Eglinton-Yonge has disappeared to facilitate construction of Eglinton Station. The church will be rebuilt upon completion of the Line 5 project, and will also serve as an emergency exit from the station. We're full speed ahead on station construction.
You mean the Salvation Army building?

I was shocked to see it gone too.

IMG_20160627_165829 Salvation Army.jpg

IMG_20160724_151111 Salvation Army.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160627_165829 Salvation Army.jpg
    IMG_20160627_165829 Salvation Army.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,202
  • IMG_20160724_151111 Salvation Army.jpg
    IMG_20160724_151111 Salvation Army.jpg
    956.2 KB · Views: 1,219
Interesting, the developer went and made their own development notice board. How does it have zba and opa numbers though if they have yet to submit to the city?

Edit: those numbers also do not seem to match the city of torontos format.. Personal project number for the developer maybe?

Interesting, the developer went and made their own development notice board. How does it have zba and opa numbers though if they have yet to submit to the city?

Edit: those numbers also do not seem to match the city of torontos format.. Personal project number for the developer maybe?
Why would a developer do that?

So a revised proposal has cropped up at Bathurst and Eglinton. This will encompass a "potential future entrance" to Forest Hill station. The big difference is that they acquired the corner property, and are now proposing a 16-storey piece at the corner, on top of the 11-storey main building that was originally proposed.

16 storeys. I know it's in the midst of Forest Hill and this will likely trigger some NIMBYism, this still makes me yawn. It's an underground LRT station, one stop east of an interchange with the subway. Does anyone else find the density proposals to be underwhelming?

So a revised proposal has cropped up at Bathurst and Eglinton. This will encompass a "potential future entrance" to Forest Hill station. The big difference is that they acquired the corner property, and are now proposing a 16-storey piece at the corner, on top of the 11-storey main building that was originally proposed.

16 storeys. I know it's in the midst of Forest Hill and this will likely trigger some NIMBYism, this still makes me yawn. It's an underground LRT station, one stop east of an interchange with the subway. Does anyone else find the density proposals to be underwhelming?

It is, but small steps...

AoD

I do given what we see at St Claire and Bathurst with a streetcar line. Hoping this is just the start though. Hakeem Optical, the Rexhal and the parking lot across from starbucks I would think are all on some developers radars. On the other hand The Hill condo has been the slowest project in Toronto by far. Sloooooooow.

Back