News   Apr 26, 2024
 869     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 256     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 762     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I wonder how much property values are going to increase as a DIRECT result of this line? Like if you're one or two blocks either side of Eglinton and you're sitting in a 2M house, will your house now be worth 2.5M?

That picture isn't of one of the 30-metre long 5-module Flexitys for Waterloo thought.

That's one of the 40-metre long 7-module Flexitys for Edmonton.

Makes you wonder why they simply didn't make 45-metre long Flexitys for the Eglinton line.

....why 45 metres? That would suggest 8 modules, an even number, which isn't possible.

....why 45 metres? That would suggest 8 modules, an even number, which isn't possible.
Belgium's Flexity trams with 7 modules are 43.4m long. I don't see why it can't be 45m long. The Ottawa LRVs are 49m long and they have 4 modules!

What will the Capcity be of the trains on the Ec?
It's really confusing how they are using Flexity Freedoms which are similar to the Streetcars in terms of size, will they always be paired in sets of two? Whoever brought up the Edmonton trains brings up a great point.

What will the seating arrangement look like? Similar to the new streetcar? Or will the seats face inwards to free up standing room more like a subway
The Crosstown cars will be 2.65 cm, so 11 cm wider than the downtown cars. I imagine the seating will be somewhat similar since there is the same issue with the wheelset housing coming above low floor level.

Belgium's Flexity trams with 7 modules are 43.4m long. I don't see why it can't be 45m long. The Ottawa LRVs are 49m long and they have 4 modules!

The way his post was worded it looked like he was extrapolating forward that he wanted one more module (7+1) which, with the suspended modules and fixed bogies of FLEXITY, isn't possible from a technical standpoint. I know there are many, many different configurations from different manufacturers. :)

The Ottawa Alstom trains are articulated asymmetrically, which I hate (one car has 2 bogies, the rest have 1 and are trailered)

The Crosstown cars will be 2.65 cm, so 11 cm wider than the downtown cars. I imagine the seating will be somewhat similar since there is the same issue with the wheelset housing coming above low floor level.
this sounds more like streetcar seating vs subway seating

Looking at the seating in the Flexity Freedom mockup at the CNE, just after taking a Flexity Outlook from Union to Exhibition, the seating generally looked indistinguishable, other than the fabric choice, and a slightly wider aisle (wish I'd measured it!).

Though neither seemed as cramped as the 2.3 metre-wide Flexity Outlooks that were run on the Olympic Line in Vancouver.

I wonder how much property values are going to increase as a DIRECT result of this line? Like if you're one or two blocks either side of Eglinton and you're sitting in a 2M house, will your house now be worth 2.5M?
Let's hope for my parent's sake the same applies to condos along the line. :)

You're assuming that the modules are always the same length. They're not.

The units with two doors on the intermediate modules, for instance, and generally (but not always) longer than those with only one set of doors.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

So Sue Ann Levy is losing her mind at the idea that building the underground portion of the Crosstown (which her hero Ford wanted to put entirely underground) involves noise and vibration and the fact that it's being done at all hours, so that it'll be done sooner. Can you imagine how she'd respond if the entire LRT line were underground, or if it were a full subway instead?

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/15/lrt-construction-nightmare-on-eglinton-ave

I'm most excited for the developments east of Don Mills. I'm curious to see to what extent that Scarborough corridor can be urbanized. This may be the first truly urban part of Scarborough.

I'd say Kingston Road is more urban than anything on Eglinton. And I really don't see how LRT will change that.

So Sue Ann Levy is losing her mind at the idea that building the underground portion of the Crosstown (which her hero Ford wanted to put entirely underground) involves noise and vibration and the fact that it's being done at all hours, so that it'll be done sooner. Can you imagine how she'd respond if the entire LRT line were underground, or if it were a full subway instead?

Saint Rob clearly promised private sector subways dug with laser beams.

AoD

Back