News   Mar 28, 2024
 264     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 246     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

I think you'll still be able to turn right, it just won't have a dedicated turning channel. Doesn't look like the sight-lines are that bad for a turn here. The area is a real pain though with the mixture of one-way streets and turning restrictions everywhere.
GPS is your friend.

Most smartphones with cellular data plan have GPS capabilities.

My understanding was that the shops across the street were going to be the service buildings (fans, etc.), and that the 2nd entrance was going to be where the current dedicated right turn lane is on southbound Dufferin.

By the Shoppers on the north-west corner. They're closing the dedicated right turn and putting an entrance there http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/dufferin-crosstown-station

The main entrance will be on the south-east corner where a gas station previously was.

Thanks for the replies!

I still think its going to be an awkward right hand turn as Dufferin bends at Eglinton somewhat

The Metrolinx Board wrapped up their little discussion on station names, and you have to wonder how well some of these members know our city.

"Regarding Bathurst and Forest Hill, Forest Hill is associated with Forest Hill village, the little village down Spadina, and really that would be a point of confusion. And I don't understand why you can't just call it Bathurst. Wait, is there another subway now called Bathurst? Which one is that?"

"On this notion that we can't have duplicate names, so we end up with Fairbank instead of, I think Dufferin. Where for me, Dufferin & Eglinton is pretty easy for me to figure out where that is, whereas Fairbank means nothing to me. I still, 40 years into it, still don't get St Patrick or St Andrew making much sense to me on the University line, or Line 1 or whatever it's called."

"I think Bathurst West would work I guess, if there are other stations that are called Bathurst."

"Aren't there two TTC Spadina stations? Which are the two Spadina station?"

The Metrolinx Board wrapped up their little discussion on station names, and you have to wonder how well some of these members know our city.

"Regarding Bathurst and Forest Hill, Forest Hill is associated with Forest Hill village, the little village down Spadina, and really that would be a point of confusion. And I don't understand why you can't just call it Bathurst. Wait, is there another subway now called Bathurst? Which one is that?"

"On this notion that we can't have duplicate names, so we end up with Fairbank instead of, I think Dufferin. Where for me, Dufferin & Eglinton is pretty easy for me to figure out where that is, whereas Fairbank means nothing to me. I still, 40 years into it, still don't get St Patrick or St Andrew making much sense to me on the University line, or Line 1 or whatever it's called."

"I think Bathurst West would work I guess, if there are other stations that are called Bathurst."

"Aren't there two TTC Spadina stations? Which are the two Spadina station?"

Are those quotes for real!? It sounds like a comedy skit. I actually don't mind some of their station names, but what you're showing here is probably the most bare bones reason why I don't like the Prov planning Toronto's transit. They seem to have little clue about the city.

Are those quotes for real!? It sounds like a comedy skit. I actually don't mind some of their station names, but what you're showing here is probably the most bare bones reason why I don't like the Prov planning Toronto's transit. They seem to have little clue about the city.

Yup, those quotes were transcribed by me from the live stream of the board meeting. And to believe or not, some of those quotes are from members who actually live in Toronto.

These are the people in charge of this $5.4 Billion, 19km rapid transit line!? Holy shit.

Salsa, I sincerely hope you misheard.

I will be sure to have my ears checked just in case. My family doctor happens to be near Bathurst & Eglinton. Also known as Forest Hill. Or is it Bathurst West now?

Last edited:

Wait, now I'm confused.
I thought on this board we were trying to save the Eglinton LRT from ridiculous station names?
But now we're ridiculing those who were advocating for just that, because they, in the moment, did not have a photographic memory of all 60-some stations?

Their lack of geographic knowledge aside, the Metrolinx board seems to be equally unimpressed with the station names as the public. Essentially echoed the criticism shared on this board. Haven't seen any of the members thus far praise it.

You could call it Bathurst and refer to the original one as Bathurst Classic.

I'm surprised no one at Metrolinx thought of Forest Hill North as an possibility. In fact this is the actual name of the neighbourhood, whereas Forest Hill is centred more towards St Clair rather than Eglinton. Even google maps knows this.

Screen shot 2015-12-03 at 2.47.00 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-03 at 2.47.00 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-03 at 2.47.00 PM.png
    608.2 KB · Views: 487

Back