Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

This building is full of cheap. Best decision I made this year was moving out of there. I feel sorry for anyone who bought here.

Is it just me, but does anyone else notice that ice forms on your windows? Then the water melts and causes the baseboards to rot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4469.JPG
    IMG_4469.JPG
    670.2 KB · Views: 1,157
It's probably normal due to recent extreme cold.

I live in a relatively new house, and never saw anything like this until last week when it was -25C outside. It disappeared as soon as the temps go back a bit higher.

hmm that's strange ! No I don't notice that, something looks wrong. Sometimes you get a little condenstation, particularly if you have those windows that have 2 pieaces i.e. outside sliding panel and inside sliding panel, sometimes on the back of the outside pieace, but only a small amount.

That's a lot of water / condensation build up; I would talk to the condo board to see if otheres are seeing this too and potentially take it up with the builder !

My windows were like that last year, but I was living in loft building where the windows are ancient. I discovered that I had my humidifier on very high which caused the condensation which turned to ice.
I didn't know modern windows still has that kind of thermal bridging.
Very common problem I see is where the concrete balconies causes a huge thermal bridge into the unit, causing the hardwood or laminate floors to warp or rot near the windows from the condensation underneath.

My windows were like that last year, but I was living in loft building where the windows are ancient. I discovered that I had my humidifier on very high which caused the condensation which turned to ice.
I didn't know modern windows still has that kind of thermal bridging.
Very common problem I see is where the concrete balconies causes a huge thermal bridge into the unit, causing the hardwood or laminate floors to warp or rot near the windows from the condensation underneath.

It's not normal and should not happen!! As stated above take it up with your condo board ASAP and take plenty of photos....

A little of that is OK for sure and expected, but I mean very little and again typically in 2 layer glass on the outside layer, and only because you never really close the outside panel well.

I think its indicative of poor insulation and a potentially a leak

Apartment is too humid. I assume no HVAC vent by the door either. Glass is a lousy insulator and your apartment is probably well sealed. It's sometimes recommended to bathroom exhaust fans once a day for a few hours.

Last edited:

Back