Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Of course, my "resurrection" comment referred more to Imperial Oil as the ghost of the rejected mid-50s New City Hall design...

Of course, my "resurrection" comment referred more to Imperial Oil as the ghost of the rejected mid-50s New City Hall design...

Ah yes, now I understand (*swallows 2 codeine tablets to relax brain*).

Btw, has that building been leased since IO left town? I'd be pretty happy if it became the new Corus HQ.

I just got off the phone with John Campbell. While he's frustrated that constraints are hindering Waterfrontoronto's ability to influence the design excellence principles regarding the architecture of First Waterfront Place, they're doing their best to insure that the building as currently proposed does not get built.

He's very confident that it will only receive approval by the design review panel once it is something they're proud of.

I'm breathing a big sigh of relief right now.

Indeed, although I think the term "bullocks" would work better here. :D

Actually, "bullocks" means castrated bulls. The word you are thinking of is "ballocks" : "bull" minus "ballocks" equals "bullock"

Oh, and great news about this abomination of a building. I am much more hopeful now that what gets built here will not be cringe-worthy.

Bill

^I did.

I guess they're not as close as everyone speculated. He really had no choice though; he'd make things even worse for himself by supporting a design that's being panned by everyone, including the design panel he helped create.

Actually, "bullocks" means castrated bulls. The word you are thinking of is "ballocks" : "bull" minus "ballocks" equals "bullock"

Oh, and great news about this abomination of a building. I am much more hopeful now that what gets built here will not be cringe-worthy.

Bill

Actually, it's an "o" not an "a"
sex_pistols-never_mind_the_bollocks.jpg

i also think that something like these examples would be great on our waterfront.

americas_cup_building_01.jpg

americas_cup_building_02.jpg

padova_auditorium_01.jpg

qingping_01.jpg

qingping_02.jpg

^ Yes they would be ... but what is the budget for these buildings, compared to what is available here?

Back