Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Hmm, it is well known that Jack Diamond supported Miller's campaign, but at the same time, I wonder what factor does the architectural ego clashes have either...

Somehow, I suspect they will iron things out at the end...

AoD

I saw Bruce Kuwabara in Holts last Sunday afternoon. Perhaps he was shopping for a white hat and a holster.

I've heard it is a "knowledge industry" building, which is in line with what Future Mayor and others have suggested.

If "Project Symphony" ends up not following TWRC guidelines for the waterfront I'm going to hold Miller and my local councillor Adam Vaughan accountable. They both are constantly harping about the Toronto Port Authority and how unaccountable and inconsiderate of the Waterfront plan they are. However, City Hall has its own TPA in TEDCO. TEDCO is equally arms length, covert, and unaccountable and also seems to be at odds with the TWRC. City Hall needs to get control of TEDCO and its own departments before they end up putting warehouse like buildings all over the waterfront simply because it is fiscally advantageous.

Community Meeting

Implementing Waterfront Plans
Proposed Commercial Development in East Bayfront

Tuesday, March 27, 2007
7:00-9:30 p.m.
Metro Hall Rotunda
55 John Street, Toronto

Commercial development has an important role to play in revitalizing Toronto’s waterfront. The first proposed development in the East Bayfront is for a commercial proposal known as "Project Symphony" located on a parcel of land municipally known as 125 Queens’ Quay East at the foot of Jarvis adjacent to the Jarvis Street Slip. The public is invited to this meeting to review and provide feedback on the design concept proposed for the building, as well as the vision for how the building and surrounding open space interact with the public.

This meeting is being hosted by Councillor Pam McConnell (Ward 28 Toronto Centre-Rosedale), and the Toronto Economic Development Corporation (TEDCO) in conjunction with the City of Toronto. Diamond and Schmitt are the project architects.

If you would like further information about the mee ting and/or proposed development, please contact Carlo Bonanni, Manager of Planning Services, TEDCO, at (416) 981-1927.

So, many questions will be answered on the 27th - it looks to ba a meeting worth attending. I wonder if we'll find out 'who' as well as 'what' that night.

This thread may need to be switched into Projects and Construction soon...

Oh no...this is the foot of Jarvis where the "Landmark Building" is supposed to be located? From what I've heard so far, this Project Symphony is setting up to be quite a disappointment.

Or wasn't the landmark building suppose to be at the foot of Yonge?

Nevertheless, a prominant spot worthy of decent architecture (as is, arguably, evey spot in the city). Here's hoping for the best...but not expecting it.

Well, then you two should show up at the meeting too, and help make some noice about the quality of architecture we expect!

You going?

I'll be there! With bells on! (Not literally, of course)

It's an impossible time for me but I will write the required letter and or email if necessary (I am damn glad the city will at least listen...or give the impression that they are listening).

Agreed, and I think I am going to be able to make it to the meeting. We should have a big UT turnout!

We should turn out in numbers. What's the point of all of our online whingeing if we don't ask for better when given the chance?

Metro Hall Rotunda, 7pm, Tuesday March 27. See you all there!

Back