Toronto Newton at Concord CityPlace | 67.97m | 18s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

CityPlace has turned out so much nicer than Liberty Village. With more transit options, through streets and overall variation of structures. Not to mention a big beautiful park in the middle. So lovely to see to watch it develop.

yep I think a lot of the issues people originally had with it have been rectified. I always said that it was unfair to criticize a neighbourhood before it was completed, and the last couple of years as seen cityplace improve significantly.

I completely agree; While less maybe 1 or two, none of the projects are remarkable, I think they all provide some contrast from each other, you can almost see the evolution of the all glass condo tower here ... yes there isn't a lot of brick but there is other variety, I'm pretty happy with that. The retail is also improving, more and more as the years go on ..

CityPlace has turned out so much nicer than Liberty Village. With more transit options, through streets and overall variation of structures. Not to mention a big beautiful park in the middle. So lovely to see to watch it develop.

It's a toss up. CityPlace has the better location and masterplanned grid. Liberty Village feels more like a true mixed-use city neighbourhood--it has offices, studios and a wider variety of bars and restaurants. It certainly has more variety in its built form with converted heritage warehouses and factories, lofts, standalone townhouses and condos. What transit options does CityPlace have that Liberty Village doesn't? Liberty Village has a GO station and the King streetcar. CityPlace has the Bathurst and Spadina streetcar lines.

Liberty Village IMO was harder to develop. I think both communities are pretty crappy. LV has much better retail than Cityplace and is more of a destination. Who goes to Cityplace that doesn't already live there? I find myself in LV quite often. There is no comparison in this regard. Both areas have traffic issues. Architecture is much better at Cityplace but the quality of the buildings is worse.

Agreed, but I fully expect WDL to turn out better than either.

Pics taken Mar 9, 2015

v3U5zry.jpg

tbY7tQw.jpg

p8xVtoL.jpg

raeRL53.jpg

yAd3Y5B.jpg

OvIkrrj.jpg

I don't really understand how construction works, but didn't they already have the hole dug and filled. Now they're digging it up again? Did they mess up, or is this part of the process?

I don't really understand how construction works, but didn't they already have the hole dug and filled. Now they're digging it up again? Did they mess up, or is this part of the process?

The hole for the new building had not been already dug. The previous structure was demolished, and some preliminary site work was done (probably for archaeological purposes). Quite often, after demolition and prior to the start of shoring, some back filling of a site is required to provide a flat stable base for the shoring equipment to operate from.

Anyone know the status of this site? Have they started construction? I haven't been able to visit the area in a while.

Thanks!

Anyone know the status of this site? Have they started construction? I haven't been able to visit the area in a while.

Thanks!

Just a couple posts above, you will see that excavation is well under way.

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

From my May 29th Development Tour of Toronto

Attachments

• IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 781
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 823
  • IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 791
So beautiful. It's wonderful watching CityPlace grow. Nearly complete. Just a few more buildings.

Back