Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Morning update, the boring machine has arrived and they are now in the process of assembly. They continue to build up the berm.

We love your photos. Thanks for posting them. I had some fun with Google Earth and determined you to be on the 28th floor (plus or minus 3 floors), near the NE corner of 14 Harbour St.

Busy day today, making a concrete knee-wall along Bay Street east sidewalk, finally assembled the boring machine, and continuing to expand the berm further towards 18 Yonge St. Condo tower

making a knee wall along Bay Street.jpg
boring machine completely assembled.jpg

Attachments

• making a knee wall along Bay Street.jpg
    making a knee wall along Bay Street.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 524
  • boring machine completely assembled.jpg
    boring machine completely assembled.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 492
We love your photos. Thanks for posting them. I had some fun with Google Earth and determined you to be on the 28th floor (plus or minus 3 floors), near the NE corner of 14 Harbour St.

18 Harbour 25th floor, entire north east corner. If you're looking up just don't catch me in my underwear :)

I'm curious if the auger will drill the caisson through the entire depth of the berm and the subsequent parking levels in one go, or just the berm. I'm guessing the berm adds another 2 storeys to the depth?

Boring #1 is already working, Boring #2 arrived around 9am and Boring #3 showed up while I was out and about. If you look at the upper right of the third shot you can see they are pouring a large concrete pad between 18 Yonge St and the railway tracks. It's very noisy!!!
1st boring machine working.jpg
2nd boring machine arrieves.jpg
3rd boring machine.jpg

Attachments

• 1st boring machine working.jpg
    1st boring machine working.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 680
  • 2nd boring machine arrieves.jpg
    2nd boring machine arrieves.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 629
  • 3rd boring machine.jpg
    3rd boring machine.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 619
Do we know to what extent they're going to build the small park over the railway or will that be determined once they start building the second phase across the tracks?

It was originally planned to be partially built in phase 1 and then expanded with phase 2, but now that phase 2 is going to follow immediately after the GO Bus Terminal moves, I expect we'll see all of the park built at once.

Back