Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Yeah, especially since there isn't any square to be had around. Could be a lot worse though - it can always be CIBC Village or Mills.

The park over the rail lines could be considered the "square" I suppose.

There will still probably be the Hamilton-Union express bus and the Richmond Hill & Milton bus services, plus potentially some new routes where there is no Go Train service (to north Durham, Woodbridge, east & north Brampton, etc.)

If GO RER only goes to Bramalea, I'm hoping that there will still be a Brampton express bus, similar to Hamilton's.

If GO RER only goes to Bramalea, I'm hoping that there will still be a Brampton express bus, similar to Hamilton's.

They'd probably have a bus that meets the train at Bramalea. The Hamilton express bus is more of a supplement to train service. I'm not sure why anyone would take it, since the train is faster, but you have the choice of either one, even at rush hour.

They'd probably have a bus that meets the train at Bramalea. The Hamilton express bus is more of a supplement to train service. I'm not sure why anyone would take it, since the train is faster, but you have the choice of either one, even at rush hour.

During weekends and later evenings off peak, the 31 express bus via Highways 410/401/427 is faster than the train would be. And the bus would be much faster than a forced transfer at Bramalea, though Downtown Hamilton has both a bus-train connection and a direct express bus.

And the 16 Express Bus is at least 30 minutes faster than the train outside of peak periods, partly because of the transfer at Aldershot. The 16 bus diverts on the 407 too when there's heavy weekend traffic on the QEW. It's the preferred route. Rush hour passengers take the bus because it's more comfortable, but I would choose the rush hour train to Downtown Hamilton over the bus.

I've always hated buildings with "square", "plaza", or "court" in the name if there's no specific open space in the immediate vicinity that resembles a square, plaza, or court. Commerce Court actually has a court between the buildings. Royal Bank Plaza actually has a plaza. By contrast, buildings like Bloor Dundas Square or Islington Square have no open space similar to a square in their vicinities. This project should have a public space over the railway corridor. Hopefully it will evoke a square of some sort and that the complex will open up nicely to the space, creating an interconnected relationship with it.

I've always hated buildings with "square", "plaza", or "court" in the name if there's no specific open space in the immediate vicinity that resembles a square, plaza, or court. Commerce Court actually has a court between the buildings. Royal Bank Plaza actually has a plaza. By contrast, buildings like Bloor Dundas Square or Islington Square have no open space similar to a square in their vicinities. This project should have a public space over the railway corridor. Hopefully it will evoke a square of some sort and that the complex will open up nicely to the space, creating an interconnected relationship with it.

This is worth a view:

Back