Church-Wellesley Village | Page 218

Discussion in 'Neighbourhood Node' started by dt_toronto_geek, Oct 20, 2007.

1. to_l

to_l Active Member

Apparently, there was an incident at the Ho's barber next to the Pizza Pizza; one of the front window was smashed. Saw the cops there taking the report. Although, I wonder what's up with it; never seen it open.

2. to_l

to_l Active Member

Looks like Pizza Nova is moving south next to the Body Shop; they have posters up on the windows now.

And Nova Cleaners have moved into the old Subway spot between Ginger and TD.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

Looks like there's finally some activity at the north-west corner of Church & Dondonald (the old Fuzion and several other incarnations). Ages ago I'd heard that Bar Volo was going into that space after the Yonge St location closed, but it became pretty apparent that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Anybody know if this is Volo finally working? Something else?

I know I should just assume condo...

4. Napalm Frog

Napalm Frog New Member

No word from Volo as a Yay nor Nay regarding that location, just that there were complications back when they opened up the Little Italy location. Haven't come across any new news in the beer community, but there may be some better info for those who chat up the Volo crew more often.

5. pearpenguin

pearpenguin New Member

The current rumour as to what is going in at this location is as follows. It's been said that the building was actually sold and not leased. The buyer is thought to be a Vancouver based restaurant chain which has then led people to speculate that it will be an "Earls" Time will tell. They have a location downtown on King West.

6. JasonParis

JasonParis Moderator

As nice as it would be to have something gay and unique, I think Earl's would at least give the long suffering locale some stability and steady business.

7. Skeezix

Skeezix Senior Member

I miss Spiral.

8. TwoDogs_39

TwoDogs_39 Active Member

Stormcrow, an alehouse from BC, is opening in the old mansion at Church/Dundonland (580 Church St). It's going to be called the Stormcrow Manor. Looks like it'll be a pub type space with board and card games, si-fi on TV, etc. There is one location in Vancouver already.

They have a website set up for the Toronto location! https://www.stormcrowmanor.com/

9. Coruscanti Cognoscente

Coruscanti Cognoscente Senior Member

This actually sounds pretty cool.

10. ARB

ARB New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm disappointed it's not finally Volo going into that space, but this news is a lot better than having the site sit vacant. Will be interested in giving it a try next year!

11. JasonParis

JasonParis Moderator

Agreed. At this point, a stable tenant with solid money behind them is truly what this corner needs.

Granted, good beer is so rare in The Village, I'm a bit disappointed in no Volo too.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM
  12. to_l

to_l Active Member

Sounds all right. Be nice to have something that'll stick around for a bit and add some traffic and life to the street.

13. ARB

ARB New Member

Saw work going on inside the Loaded Pierogi place today.