News   Apr 19, 2024
 211     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 506     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 855     3 

Church-Wellesley Village

A retail building permit is up for 524 Church, the former Freshmart site.
Building Application Status
clear.gif

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO M4Y 2E1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 262343 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Dec 13, 2016

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations for new demising wall in unit A & B in existing retail store.

Pizza Nova is moving to 524 Church, the former Freshmart site. The location is being subdivided, again, since it was already shrunk once. Pizza Nova will occupy the northern part. The southern part is taken but still to be announced.

I have been out of the city for a few months and just went to TD on the corner and noticed the hot dog vendor is gone. There has been someone there forever. Did they move or was the permit revoked? Where do I get my street meat on my next drunken night in the village?

That vendor appears and disappears sporadically, for some reason. They'll be back in a bit.

Pizza Nova is moving to 524 Church, the former Freshmart site. The location is being subdivided, again, since it was already shrunk once. Pizza Nova will occupy the northern part. The southern part is taken but still to be announced.

Signs are now posted for Loaded Pierogi.

Looks like a funnel cake place might be opening in the old Rogers place next to Wellesley station.

The cannabis place next to Flash has closed and a new one is open across from the park.

The cannabis place next to Flash has closed and a new one is open across from the park.

It's about time. That place was having an awful impact on the street. From fights, increased police presence and a surge of people smoking up around the neighborhood (including across from the school), to constant lineups and crowds clogging the street, to outright homophobia, there was little good that came from the dispensary being there. Plus, the people who visited the store rarely stuck around the street and supported any other businesses.

Church Street has enough issues to deal with. The pot shop surely didn't help.

It's about time. That place was having an awful impact on the street. From fights, increased police presence and a surge of people smoking up around the neighborhood (including across from the school), to constant lineups and crowds clogging the street, to outright homophobia, there was little good that came from the dispensary being there. Plus, the people who visited the store rarely stuck around the street and supported any other businesses.

Church Street has enough issues to deal with. The pot shop surely didn't help.

I suspect that these places will be less common now that the government said there will be no amnesty for those convicted before the new laws take effect. They now know that they wont get away with it. And once the new laws take effect, it will be sold in a normal manner instead of this prohibition-era chaos.

The Petro-Canada and A&W on Wellesley and Jarvis have finally opened for business, and so has Halal Guys on Yonge and Wellesley.

Last edited:

Back