Mississauga Chelsea on the Green | ?m | 15s | Lormel Homes | Turner Fleischer

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Going to Planning & Development Committee on May 25.

Part of existing rental buildings and these will be condos. Will help MT Routes 26 & 20

pony tail is terrible. It must make postal workers chuckle. Northern dancer blvd in the beaches always makes me laugh as well, but at least it sounds classy.

It's actually "Ponytrail" Drive.... :rolleyes:

Historic in that there were farms here. Must have been ponies. Big deal! There are odd street names all over the place. (cough) Avenue Road (cough).

The oddest name on the former Greenwood Racetrack has to be Winners Circle as the street is as straight as an arrow

This so funny. I grew up at Burnhamthorpe and Fieldgate (one light up) and first off, that side of Burnhamthorpe is the "new" part of town, kind of ;late 70s, early 80's vintage classic subdivisions. There were farmers fields and apple orchards there before. Pretty much at best they shot for the middle when they assembled the neighborhood. I mean, Etobicoke creek is nice, the nursery is nice, but come on "keep our beautiful Rockwood, clean and safe?". Come on.

I grew up right across the Etobicoke Creek from the area, so I know it well too. The nimbyism is particularly sky-is-falling hilarity. The complaints will never stand up because the OMB will rubber stamp this one: this is the type of infill that the Places To Grow Act envisions.

This is going to Planning & Development Committee on Feb 22 to be rubber stamp.

Council will approve it most likely a week later for final approval.

Good. The NIMBYs aligned against this are planning on showing up for the committee meeting above, so here's hope their laughable crusade is laughed out the door. See here if you want a look at a classic sky-is-falling scare campaign.

Good. The NIMBYs aligned against this are planning on showing up for the committee meeting above, so here's hope their laughable crusade is laughed out the door. See here if you want a look at a classic sky-is-falling scare campaign.

There is another development plan for next to Etobicoke Creek at 2121 Rathburn Road East thats calling for 171 units and one at the plaza across from this one for 244 units.

Are there any plans to connect the two sides of Rathburn Rd over Etobicoke Creek?

Screen shot 2016-02-17 at 6.49.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-17 at 6.49.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-17 at 6.49.57 PM.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 492

Back