CHAZ Yorkville Condos (45 Charles, Edenshaw Homes) - Real Estate -

I think this project overstretched and the developer did not allow for the current market nor for the pace of slowing. Hence the price declines.

I don't know if it was intentional but I doubt that the developer set out to make sales and then drop the price because there cannot help but be a psyche of people wondering whether in fact there will be further declines, making them hesitant I believe to invest in the project.

Location is very good no doubt but this is pricey and unless one wishes to live in this location "at any cost", prices were definately ahead of themselves and may in fact still be.

Was hoping Bisha would have better numbers. Really want to see that one get built. Post House too.

Looks like Nicholas is selling well and rightfully so.
Not surprisingly Chaz is still at 50% eventhough it seems like they have been running their "VIP sales" forever now.
Post House should catch up as their pricing is more affordable.
I am hoping Bisha will do well too.

Spooky news or what? http://twitter.com/AndrewLaFleur

Milborne: Chaz 50% sold. Nicholas 80%. Post House 50%. Bisha 40%. 10:08 AM Oct 1st via Twitter for iPhone

considering how pre-construction sales are structured (ie. developers friends and family, Platinum VIP agents, VIP agents, registered potential buyers, general public) and how the # of units for sale are brought out in piece-meal, i wouldn't be surprised if the sales went to the first 2 groups who also got a deep discount.

at the current inflated prices, sales probably have stalled

Has Chaz even opened to the general public for sales yet?

considering how pre-construction sales are structured (ie. developers friends and family, Platinum VIP agents, VIP agents, registered potential buyers, general public) and how the # of units for sale are brought out in piece-meal, i wouldn't be surprised if the sales went to the first 2 groups who also got a deep discount.

at the current inflated prices, sales probably have stalled

I was surprised, but for Chaz Platinum agents offered much higher prices than VIP agents, I guess because Platinum VIP agents were offered an earlier choice, I think in March, before prices were reduced. If this trend continues, may be prices for general public would be even better?

Last edited:
i heard they are only like 55~60% sold.
how are you guys rating this project?
$630 psf for one bed?

sup y`all, I just moved back to Toronto from being overseas for a few years. My sister told me to take a look at this project. I don`t have many friends or contacts yet, so I was looking for cool common area in a building that I could meet people. Looks like this building has that, but Im nervous due to some the negative posts ive seen on this thread. Before I go down and get hit up by the salespeople Id like to hear what others are saying. Anyone here make a purchase.

sup y`all, I just moved back to Toronto from being overseas for a few years. My sister told me to take a look at this project. I don`t have many friends or contacts yet, so I was looking for cool common area in a building that I could meet people. Looks like this building has that, but Im nervous due to some the negative posts ive seen on this thread. Before I go down and get hit up by the salespeople Id like to hear what others are saying. Anyone here make a purchase.

Milkey welcome back to Toronto.

At Chaz On Charles they are offering great incentives to their select VIP agents including some cash discounts. Some of the units are priced at about $600/sq.ft (including VIP cash discount) which is a very good deal. 3D gaming room and Chaz Club is a vey good addtiion in amenities. Make sure you pick a good floor plan.

You should also look into Yorkville Condos that is expected to be launched at the end of this month to VIP brokers. For your convenience I have attached the Sneak Preview Package for The Yorkville Condos.

I hope it helps!

Last edited:
Thanks for the Reply Sunny...

...but I was hoping to hear from someone who isn't a salesperson. Well I guess I'll go down to their sales office and get an idea of what's going on. I gotta say this building has some good things going for it, location is perfect, lots of fun amenities, probably going to have lots of residents in my age range (30-40), but I want to know that Im getting good value for my money. If someone can shed some light for me I'd be really appreciative.

...but I was hoping to hear from someone who isn't a salesperson. Well I guess I'll go down to their sales office and get an idea of what's going on. I gotta say this building has some good things going for it, location is perfect, lots of fun amenities, probably going to have lots of residents in my age range (30-40), but I want to know that Im getting good value for my money. If someone can shed some light for me I'd be really appreciative.

Mikey...i can vouch for the area 100% as i live in CASA next door to where Chaz is going up. I just love this area. Awesome infrastructure all around, and you're right on the subway hub to go N,S, E, W. I can get downtown to work in 15 minutes pretty much door to door on the subway.

I don't think you're going to get into the area any cheaper now. Chaz came out with quite high pricing in it's first week but quickly adjusted them down. They have been preselling for several months so i'm sure they have got the pricing where they want it now. You can also compare the pricing to the resale prices for X Condominiums which is down the street at Jarvis and Charles. Hopefully you can pay less per sq ft. for a pre construction on Chaz than a resale on X. And Chaz is a better location being closer to Yonge/Bloor. But if you check the MLS prices on X it will give you a 'floor' price so to speak.

The Yorkville project that Sunny mentions looks very Kool to say the least, but it will be much more expensive you can be sure. And for me, i like Charles street better than being in that Davenport area. To each his own, but there is a lot more 'around' you at Charles. The Yorkville building will be close to the Canadian Tire...everything else will be a hike all the time!

You can also pop into the sales center at 5 St. Joseph just down the street. They have sold a lot of units but you can see what they have left and compare the pricing again to Chaz. I expect Chaz will be cheaper as sales were booming at FIVE, and i know they had a number of price hikes.

You can also check out what's left at Nicholas just on the other side of Yonge. You will pay quite a bit more there i think you will find.

One other option to consider is that Cressford is about to launch another project across the street from Chaz where the YMCA building is. This could come out VIP very soon. This is going to be a monster project at they are targeting 65 floors. Cressford is likely going to price these to move fairly briskly as they have a ton of units to sell. I would expect the Cressford project to likely be the top seller for 2011. But you may have to wait a few weeks to get an idea of the value there.

Overall, i think you're looking in the right area and you will be very happy there.

Mikey...i can vouch for the area 100% as i live in CASA next door to where Chaz is going up. I just love this area. Awesome infrastructure all around, and you're right on the subway hub to go N,S, E, W. I can get downtown to work in 15 minutes pretty much door to door on the subway.

I don't think you're going to get into the area any cheaper now. Chaz came out with quite high pricing in it's first week but quickly adjusted them down. They have been preselling for several months so i'm sure they have got the pricing where they want it now. You can also compare the pricing to the resale prices for X Condominiums which is down the street at Jarvis and Charles. Hopefully you can pay less per sq ft. for a pre construction on Chaz than a resale on X. And Chaz is a better location being closer to Yonge/Bloor. But if you check the MLS prices on X it will give you a 'floor' price so to speak.

The Yorkville project that Sunny mentions looks very Kool to say the least, but it will be much more expensive you can be sure. And for me, i like Charles street better than being in that Davenport area. To each his own, but there is a lot more 'around' you at Charles. The Yorkville building will be close to the Canadian Tire...everything else will be a hike all the time!

You can also pop into the sales center at 5 St. Joseph just down the street. They have sold a lot of units but you can see what they have left and compare the pricing again to Chaz. I expect Chaz will be cheaper as sales were booming at FIVE, and i know they had a number of price hikes.

You can also check out what's left at Nicholas just on the other side of Yonge. You will pay quite a bit more there i think you will find.

One other option to consider is that Cressford is about to launch another project across the street from Chaz where the YMCA building is. This could come out VIP very soon. This is going to be a monster project at they are targeting 65 floors. Cressford is likely going to price these to move fairly briskly as they have a ton of units to sell. I would expect the Cressford project to likely be the top seller for 2011. But you may have to wait a few weeks to get an idea of the value there.

Overall, i think you're looking in the right area and you will be very happy there.

I don’t know when the VIP event is going to be but we will have the Exclusive VIP access to the Cresford’s 65 storey building in the month of March. I will have more details on this condo project in a week or so.

I was looking at the comparables at X condos and found that few units there were sold for about $620/sq.ft including parking. The sales there are averaging in the low $600/sq.ft for units with decent view. However, I found that north facing units on a low floor were sold for about $540/sq.ft including parking.

Prices of the Yorkville Condos will be in mid $700/sq.ft.

As mentioned before developer of Chaz On Charles are offering great VIP incentives to some of their platinum agents. Make sure you take advantage of those discounts by working with a VIP/platinum Realtor of your choice.

I agree with myfive that you are looking in the right area and hopefully will enjoy it here :)

All the best!

Back