568     0 

Charles-Hayden Parking Garage (+2s) COMPLETE

From Yonge and Bloor today.
DSC02331.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02331.jpg
    DSC02331.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,174
The steel galvanize beams are been cast into the concrete slab as well, since they have studs on them to hold the concrete in place around them.

Should be open for the Christmas Rush.

This isn't really an exciting project in terms of what it will add to the area, but it is definitely fun to see rise from @Benito's perspective given how it is being constructed.

If I had the technical skills, I'd make a gif of his photos. Alas, I am not so talented.

While I understand the importance of having parking structures within the city, do we honestly still need large stand alone parking garages in important city blocks? Shouldn't they be buried and incorporated into a development or public space (like Harbourfront Centre's Canada Square/Ontario Square)?

It cost 35 to 50 thousand to build a parking space underground.. Replacing this parking garage with a development means they will need to dig 6 levels down in addition to the 4 levels that's probably already needed for the development it self.

It's mostly a concern for money.

While I understand the importance of having parking structures within the city, do we honestly still need large stand alone parking garages in important city blocks? Shouldn't they be buried and incorporated into a development or public space (like Harbourfront Centre's Canada Square/Ontario Square)?

There is a bit of a missed opportunity here to not go one floor higher and put some sort of public sports amenity on the roof (i.e. tennis, basketball, soccer?)

Yes, agreed mostly. In this case though it's not just a money problem per @UD2's response, as the Yonge subway line runs below this garage!

There is a bit of a missed opportunity here to not go one floor higher and put some sort of public sports amenity on the roof (i.e. tennis, basketball, soccer?)

Agreed, it is!

Back