News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Charles-Hayden Parking Garage (+2s) COMPLETE

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1T1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 219091 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2014

Project: Parking Garage Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal for a 2 storey addition, renovate and repair existing conditions and remove and replace mechanical, electrical and conveyance systems. Renovate reatail spaces on ground floor of the existing parking garage.

One would wonder why there's a parking garage right across the street from the most heavily used and (possibly) best-connected subway station in the entire country...

One would wonder why there's a parking garage right across the street from the most heavily used and (possibly) best-connected subway station in the entire country...

Good way for the city to secure land for the future while making revenue from it today.

There's a market for more parking spots be it bicycle, scooter or, car. Seems short sighted to limit people to one form of travel.

They're not removing the retail ...

It's funny that they're adding 2 storeys to this garage when the garage at the Hudsons Bay Centre is always half empty.

dleung at SSP posted this a short time ago:

"Rumour has it that Casa IV is on the way at the parkade between Charles and Hayden. It will have the same wrap-around balcony design as Casa I, II, III and 1 Bloor. At 214m, it will be the 2nd tallest building north of College. Due to the subway occupying half the site, it will have Canada's second robotic parking garage (after Jameson House in Vancouver). Currently in schematic design - can release images in 2-3 months."

With that height, and assuming a similar floor-height as CASA III, it should end up with around 65 or 66 floors.

1 bloor doesn't have wrap around balconies - ? Nor is it Cresford - ? I've been wanting to see that parking garage go for along time, and the height sounds good. I hope it's not more of the same though.

The garage is just within the Yonge/Bloor height peak, so we could even see 70s here, perhaps 230-240m?

What's the address of this location?

I gather that the red-outlined structure is the parkade involved:

CASA%20IV%20--%20Google%20Maps_zpshheuouoq.jpg

Tokyo Kitchen at 20 Charles East would be a portion of the structure.

Back