Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

Seems like Casa purchasers are pretty happy for the most part.

I think so. Cressford annoyed just about everyone to no end, and you need a lot of patience to buy thru them....i've learned that. But when all is said and done, CASA has turned out to be a very special condo overall based on location, views, outdoor pool, appearance, floorplans etc....

But i'm being a homer!

That being said, i wouldn't buy from them again unless i felt i was getting exceptional value...'cause you're going to have to put up with a lot of nonsense.

'Charles on Chaz' ....heh, they are going to be close enough and it's time to switch those 2 up!

I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb in guessing that this will be another glass box with wrap-around balconies. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get staggered balconies or perhaps even some frosted glass.

Now that it appears very likely that One Bloor will be 237.7m and 70 storeys in height, it is a reasonable question to ask what the chances are that 42 Charles East will be taller. After all, this project has almost as many storeys (64) as One Bloor's 70 storeys. Of course, we will know the actual height once 42 Charles East launches next Saturday, but that still allows several days for speculation.

The approach I took was to consider all residential buildings in Toronto with 36 or more storeys, built, under construction or planned, and determine the "storey height" (total height to structural top, divided by number of storeys) for each one. Arranged from smallest to greatest, this allow a determination of what percentage of all buildings have a greater storey height that any given value.

In order to beat One Bloor at 237.7m, 42 Charles East must have a storey height greater than 3.714m.

Here is a plot of number of storeys versus storey height for all 133 Toronto residential buildings of at least 36 floors:

ScreenShot079-2.jpg

And here is the resulting storey height chart:

FloorHeight2.jpg

Looking at the result for a storey height of 3.714m, we find a likelyhood of about 4% that 42 Charles East will reach or exceed One Bloor in height.

The 50% storey height for the entire collection of buildings turns out to be 3.245m, for a building height of 207.7m. (Although every residential building with over 56 storeys exceeds that storey height, so this could be considered a minimum expected height.) In order to teach 200m, the storey height would need to be at least 3.125m, which seems very reasonable.

For the residential buildings with more than 56 storeys, excluding Trump, the average storey height is 3.475m, giving an expected total height for 42 Charles East of 222.4m.

So in summary, 42 Charles East should be at least 207.7m, with an expected height of around 222.4m and a 4% chance of reaching or exceeding One Bloor's 237.7m.

Last edited:
I will be disappointed if this design is anything less than very good. A 65 story building is a landmark, and the developer has had time to ponder on the 1BE design so the benchmark is high. Is it fair to assume any rendering we see shortly will already have been approved by the city?

Last edited:
Now that it appears very likely that One Bloor will be 237.7m and 70 storeys in height, it is a reasonable question to ask what the chances are that 42 Charles East will be taller. After all, this project has almost as many storeys (64) as One Bloor's 70 storeys. Of course, we will know the actual height once 42 Charles East launches next Saturday, but that still allows several days for speculation.

The approach I took was to consider all residential buildings in Toronto with 36 or more storeys, built, under construction or planned, and determine the "storey height" (total height to structural top, divided by number of storeys) for each one. Arranged from smallest to greatest, this allow a determination of what percentage of all buildings have a greater storey height that any given value.

In order to beat One Bloor at 237.7m, 42 Charles East must have a storey height greater than 3.714m.

Here is a plot of number of storeys versus storey height for all 133 Toronto residential buildings of at least 36 floors:

ScreenShot079-2.jpg

And here is the resulting storey height chart:

FloorHeight2.jpg

Looking at the result for a storey height of 3.714m, we find a likelyhood of about 4% that 42 Charles East will reach or exceed One Bloor in height.

The 50% storey height for the entire collection of buildings turns out to be 3.245m, for a building height of 207.7m. (Although every residential building with over 56 storeys exceeds that storey height, so this could be considered a minimum expected height.) In order to teach 200m, the storey height would need to be at least 3.125m, which seems very reasonable.

For the residential buildings with more than 56 storeys, excluding Trump, the average storey height is 3.475m, giving an expected total height for 42 Charles East of 222.4m.

So in summary, 42 Charles East should be at least 207.7m, with an expected height of around 222.4m and a 4% chance of reaching or exceeding One Bloor's 237.7m.

Residential floors heights are commonly 2.95 metres in height with higher end product in the 3.3 metre range. A standard mechanical penthouse for this height will typically fall in the 10 to 15 metre range. One Bloor's commercial floors are in the 4 to 6 metre range which this tower won't have. Anyhow, the wild card would be some sort of architectural crown which can't be predicted.

Residential floors heights are commonly 2.95 metres in height with higher end product in the 3.3 metre range. A standard mechanical penthouse for this height will typically fall in the 10 to 15 metre range. One Bloor's commercial floors are in the 4 to 6 metre range which this tower won't have. Anyhow, the wild card would be some sort of architectural crown which can't be predicted.

This is true. However, I am simply dividing the total height by the number of storeys to give a "storey height" that by definition will be taller than the floor-to-floor height, since it includes each storey's "share" of the extra height due to the architectural crown, and any extra height due to taller floor-to-floor heights in the podium. The advantage of this is that by simply taking an expected "storey height" for a given building, and multiplying by the number of storeys, you end up with the total expected height. Since I am using the actual data for residential buildings in Toronto, the results are at least as accurate as any other method of estimating a building's height (without access to inside information).

so they are going to sell the units on the 50th floor and later on find out city will only let them build up to 45s?
i thought things were approved and they are working on the prices..

Back