News   Apr 18, 2024
 709     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Canadian Soccer Association to bid for 2026 World Cup

If Blatter resigned before the election, then Ali would have won the election uncontested.

Now Blatter in a re-election, Blatter can have one of his cronies run.

If Blatter resigned before the election, then Ali would have won the election uncontested.

Now Blatter in a re-election, Blatter can have one of his cronies run.

Sure...but, also, some of the other candidates who dropped out because they saw that Blatter's direct control made him unbeatable could also rejoin the run.

Sure...but, also, some of the other candidates who dropped out because they saw that Blatter's direct control made him unbeatable could also rejoin the run.

Ali has already announced he will run again. Hopefully van Praat also runs again.

But really, do you expect a different result? All the smaller, corrupt and developing nations of the world will flock to the favored successor of Blatter to continue the status quo.

I'm surprised Mexico and USA agreed to this.

Even with the expanded tournament I don't think the US needs any help hosting.

I guess Canada will finally qualify!

I'm surprised Mexico and USA agreed to this.

Even with the expanded tournament I don't think the US needs any help hosting.

I guess Canada will finally qualify!
It's because the event is a gigantic money pit. This lets the US throw a few group games our way and in exchange we help finance this mess.

It's because the event is a gigantic money pit. This lets the US throw a few group games our way and in exchange we help finance this mess.

But most of the costs have to do with stadium construction. The US wouldn't need to build suitable stadiums.

But most of the costs have to do with stadium construction. The US wouldn't need to build suitable stadiums.
The operations, security and administration costs are substantial. Even if you don't build a single stadium the host costs far outstrip gate receipts and broadcast revenue.

Last edited:
60 games in the US, 10 in Mexico and 10 in Canada

Back