News   May 02, 2024
 123     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 139     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 191     0 

Canadian Dollar hits 28 year high vs US Dollar

Economists and such clamouring to put in a dollar at parity claim! Sounds like time to position oneself contrarian wise. I'm contemplating opening a US dollar account and waiting till later in the year at which time I might start pumping CDN into US dollars. Even if we do reach parity it will be unsustainable. One of the primary rules of sustainable investment is to ignore super spikes, let the emotional investors gain the glory (and suffer the loss) from short term spikes. Oil is another such item. $100 oil! Like that is sustainable. More like $45 even if you factor in geopolitical uncertainty and rising demand.

I sold my unused Pounds at Scotiabank on Monday for $1.99.

Toonie? It closed at $1.84 today. I'm off to England in two weeks and am considering if I should go on about how cheap everything is, as my relatives have when they visited in the past decade.

It is unlikely you will have that sentiment in England. It costs money to breathe there.

"Oil is another such item. $100 oil! Like that is sustainable. More like $45 even if you factor in geopolitical uncertainty and rising demand."

I would be outright shocked if oil didn't average $70+ over the next few years. $45 is a pipe dream.

www.theglobeandmail.com/s...iness/home
www.forbes.com/home/feeds...86035.html
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4594526.stm

Oil prices of $100 or higher are plenty sustainable, because they're not really artificially high. Demand is simply starting to outstrip supply, and I don't see any indication that that will ever change.

Back