Toronto 2180 Yonge | 247m | 65s | Oxford Properties | Hariri Pontarini

Interesting tidbit from the interview with Oxford Properties President Blake Hutcheson on the MTCC redevelopment.

"Hutcheson noted Oxford has another big Toronto development project to keep it busy for the next while, a multi-million-square-foot. re-development with Canadian Tire as a partner at the southeast corner of Eglinton Ave. and Yonge St."

Glad to hear that things seem to be moving along for the redevelopment of the old bus terminal. I personally had no idea that Oxford properites was involved

https://renx.ca/hutcheson-has-vision-for-convention-centre-building-site/

Does anyone know much about the structure on the very west side of 'Phase 3'?

mnjwyz5.png

It looks like a parking garage from above, but from street level, it looks like some kind of warehouse.

VA9njWx.png

I pass it all the time, I really like it and its facade. I would hope that it is integrated into redevelopment plans.

Does anyone think this redevelopment will include a mall? There is lots of corporate retail on Uptown Yonge that would probably be much happier in a nice mall at this location. That would also make Uptown Yonge far less corporate and allow it to have more interesting restaurants and shops. I think it would be a win for everyone.

Does anyone think this redevelopment will include a mall? There is lots of corporate retail on Uptown Yonge that would probably be much happier in a nice mall at this location. That would also make Uptown Yonge far less corporate and allow it to have more interesting restaurants and shops. I think it would be a win for everyone.

With Rio-Can behind the recent renovation to the Yonge Eglinton Centre, I don't see why not. It would make for a good underground connection between the two areas.

Does anyone know much about the structure on the very west side of 'Phase 3'?

I pass it all the time, I really like it and its facade. I would hope that it is integrated into redevelopment plans.

I know that the parking lot for Canada square extends to on top of the roof of that building. As for what actually is inside of that building I am guessing it is some kind of old abandoned garage for buses. That or maybe some kind of power building for Eglinton Station? I've seen small buildings before that disguise power equipment for some TTC stations such as near College station, but never one that big so who knows.

Old streetcar garage turned bus garage turned rooftop parking turned temporary bus loop.

Canadian Tire's turn to drop some hints. A new role called "Head of Corportate Real Estate" has been posted. Some of the qualifications and responsibilities include:

The Head of Corporate Real Estate will continue to refine our real estate strategy to enable our business to deliver on its short and long-term objectives.
To accomplish this, the executive will be a results driven and proven customer centric leader who can lead a significant corporate real estate transition in order to maximize portfolio value and align the corporate real estate plan while providing opportunities for improved space utilization and reduced expenses

- Identify and leverage key external cross functional resources to create project delivery teams including Developers, Architectural & Engineering firms, Construction firms, Project Management, Landlords, Furniture Providers and related vendors.
- Direct experience in leading significant (>500K sf) consolidations or relocation of office or industrial real estate and its business support functions.

So is it safe to assume that the development will have more than 500K sq ft of new office space?

So is it safe to assume that the development will have more than 500K sq ft of new office space?

The two existing buildings fronting Yonge are almost certainly staying where they are. I expect that they will be renovated. That should probably be kept in mind when predicting the overall development.

Back