News   Apr 18, 2024
 456     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

I haven't read the Toronto Sun in over 20 years. So I don't know what you are talking about.

And I have never voter PC ever in my life, and don't foresee that changing in the near future.

But you are the one that is being naïve if you think that Wynne's cap and trade isn't a new tax.

I'm just tired of the way the Ontario Liberals have been governing our Province.

I'm not claiming that there aren't new user fees associated with the cap and trade system; I'm arguing your assertion that the system is a "carbon tax." Because it is not.

I'm not claiming that there aren't new user fees associated with the cap and trade system; I'm arguing your assertion that the system is a "carbon tax." Because it is not.

Oh ok, so its not a tax. Its a user fee. LOL.

Oh ok, so its not a tax. Its a user fee. LOL.

If you can't decipher the difference between Kathleen Wynne's cap and trade system and Patrick Brown's carbon tax, then I really can't help you, and you're not going to be a contributor to a good debate or discussion about it.

If you can't decipher the difference between Kathleen Wynne's cap and trade system and Patrick Brown's carbon tax, then I really can't help you, and you're not going to be a contributor to a good debate or discussion about it.

So its money the government collects on top of what we pay for carbon producing fuels. But its not a tax. Got it.

Also I wasn't even aware that Patrick Brown even has a plan.

I'm critiquing the Provincial Liberals because they aren't doing a good job.

Last edited:
So its money the government collects on top of what we pay for carbon producing goods. But its not a tax. Got it.

You are literally arguing that the world has a different word for a term that it has a specific word for, unless I'm somehow missing your point.

And, while we're at it and because I gave you a break on the first one, it's "it's."

You are literally arguing that the world has a different word for a term that it has a specific word for, unless I'm somehow missing your point.

And, while we're at it and because I gave you a break on the first one, it's "it's."

You started this by trying to correct me on an 0ff-hand comment.

You argue that the cap and trade 'fee' is not a tax. I disagree because it acts like a tax. So be it.

Of course you are a grammar Nazi. It is no wonder we are having this argument.

You started this by trying to correct me on an 0ff-hand comment.

You argue that the cap and trade 'fee' is not a tax. I disagree because it acts like a tax. So be it.

Of course you are a grammar Nazi. It is no wonder we are having this argument.

Oh hey, didn't take you long at all to get to Nazi! Shit kicker bingo!

Like all things Liberal, some good ideas, some bad ones as well.

Are we going to see a pause on rental property development until the end of 2018 (when the Liberals find their fate)?

Foreign buyers tax, expanded rent control coming to Ontario

Summary from Reddit:
  • 15% tax an non resident foreigners.
  • Expand rent controls to include all tenants.
  • A rebate of development cost charges to encourage building of more rental housing.
  • A standardized lease document for all tenants.
  • ban on flipping of pre-construction units by speculators.
  • A review of the rules governing the conduct of real estate agents.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ing-market-home-prices-rent-control-1.4076283

Aren't there very few rental buildings to begin with?

I'm surprised they didn't try to implement the foreign buyers tax sooner. Its free money that doesn't really affect actual voters.

I'm more surprised (not really) that they would expand rent control to all units rather than implementing a sliding dateline of rent control (a more sensible approach IMO), and capping increases at 4-5% rather than 2.5%.

We are going to see a lot of units become AirBnB suites or disappear off the market, IMO. Even though the Liberals are going to be offering incentives as usual, I doubt this will encourage any new construction.

Also don't like the idea of opening more provincial lands to development, considering the Neptis report noting that there's already a large amount of serviced lands waiting for development.

I.e. in Oakville developers are sitting on serviced lands in order to pressure opening up the Greenbelt.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...reenbelt-housing-market-development-1.4049190

Last edited:

Back