News   Apr 23, 2024
 81     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 322     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

Whoa...hang on, the Libs didn't set that up, the media did. And now PostMedia are setting up a strawman? I read the first few sentences of that, and it made me want to look for the sunshine girl, except it wasn't the Stun...

Brown is quite capable of making himself look the moron without the Libs setting him up.

Whoa...hang on, the Libs didn't set that up, the media did. And now PostMedia are setting up a strawman? I read the first few sentences of that, and it made me want to look for the sunshine girl, except it wasn't the Stun...

Brown is quite capable of making himself look the moron without the Libs setting him up.

The Star's view of the situation:

Although his speech Wednesday on the province’s “affordability crisis” will take place at the related Toronto Athletic Club, which accepts female members, Brown is still sending the wrong signal, said Indira Naidoo-Harris.

“He’s going to give a speech through a group that doesn’t count women in . . . so he’s sending a very strong message that, in terms of how he regards Ontarians, he’s fine leaving women out,” Naidoo-Harris told reporters.

Conservatives defended Brown’s appearance, insisting there is nothing amiss because the speech is open to anyone who wants to attend and can afford the $40 ticket price.

“Patrick Brown’s not speaking at the Cambridge Club to a men’s-only event,” Deputy Leader Steve Clark told reporters after the legislature’s daily question period.

Feels very much that even after being corrected the Liberals are grasping at straws:

Naidoo-Harris said the fact that women are allowed at the luncheon speech “doesn’t change the fact that he’s going through the Cambridge Club, which is essentially a club that leaves women out.”

“I think it shows a lack of judgment.”

Conservatives noted that Olivia Chow spoke to the Cambridge Club during her campaign for mayor in 2014.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...king-at-event-organized-by-men-only-club.html

What Greenbelt? That has been destroyed by both the Conservatives and Liberals over the years (lol) :rolleyes:
Well, it has actually expanded over the years. If you are talking about the few cases where growth has occurred within the Greenbelt, why would the solution be the wholesale elimination of the Greenbelt?

If you are a progressive and supported the Liberals, vote for the NDP instead.

If you vote liberal in 2018 that means you condone corruption and bad government simply because of political ideology and that is just bad character.

A vote for the NDP is a vote for Patrick Brown as Premier. Take one look at an electoral map.

If you're a progressive, vote for the Liberals so that we can actually have a government that invests in transit, education, and healthcare, is serious about fighting climate change, understands what the Greenbelt actually is and does and is willing to protect it, knows how to manage an economy, doesn't condone homophobia, etc., etc., etc.

If you are a progressive and supported the Liberals, vote for the NDP instead.

If you vote liberal in 2018 that means you condone corruption and bad government simply because of political ideology and that is just bad character.
The provincial PC and NDP are cut from the same cloth of corruption and incompetence as the provincial Liberals. Remember that both other parties voted the same way in all the Liberal scandals, all three partiers support boondoggles like the Scarborough Subway, all three parties oppose road-tolls and have an anti-Toronto agenda, all three parties have their own friends in the province they intend to enrich. You aren't really making a difference if you ask me. The only difference is that the PC and NDP have even worse policy ideas and are even more uninspiring, and potentially less willing to work with the Federal government.

That is the situation we have at present in this province.

I condone corruption and scandal because they are progressive is a very pathetic answer guys..

Very pathetic...

Liberals are going to lose big in 2018 not because they are progressive but because they have been incompetent to the highest levels.

Serious about climate change my foot, it put a regressive carbon tax on cash strapped people in this province to fuel their fiscal incompetence.

Is any one really going to stop driving because gas is up 4-5 cents...

I condone corruption and scandal because they are progressive is a very pathetic answer guys..

Very pathetic...

Liberals are going to lose big in 2018 not because they are progressive but because they have been incompetent to the highest levels.

Serious about climate change my foot, it put a regressive carbon tax on cash strapped people in this province to fuel their fiscal incompetence.

Is any one really going to stop driving because gas is up 4-5 cents...

That's not remotely what I said. I literally provided an non-exhaustive list of policies that differentiate the Liberals from the PCs.

That's not remotely what I said. I literally provided an non-exhaustive list of policies that differentiate the Liberals from the PCs.

Do you really think the liberals would be this unpopular if they conducted themselves more ethically and had the same progressive ideals?

They are unpopular as they are like any party that has been in power for to long

Snobbish
Incompetent
Corrupt

Maybe in downtown Toronto the liberals can spin thier BS for votes, but here in the suburbs the mood is quite hostile to the liberals now.

A vote for the NDP is a vote for Patrick Brown as Premier. Take one look at an electoral map.

Given the current polling and seat projections, I think you could make the argument that voting for the Liberals instead of the NDP is a vote for Patrick Brown.

Do you really think the liberals would be this unpopular if they conducted themselves more ethically and had the same progressive ideals?

They are unpopular as they are like any party that has been in power for to long

Snobbish
Incompetent
Corrupt

Maybe in downtown Toronto the liberals can spin thier BS for votes, but here in the suburbs the mood is quite hostile to the liberals now.

You're sharing details of how people feel. That is distinctly different from stated policy goals or outcomes.

When it comes to voting intentions, I focus on what we'll actually get from our leaders rather than on what people - suburban or urban - think about something.

I think ADRM based on recent events its quite obvious people vote on feelings then actual policy and the feeling is

'kick those damn liberals out'

Given the current polling and seat projections, I think you could make the argument that voting for the Liberals instead of the NDP is a vote for Patrick Brown.

I take the point, but it's important not to conflate the Premier's approval rating with either the Party's or that of individual members.

I think ADRM based on recent events its quite obvious people vote on feelings then actual policy and the feeling is

'kick those damn liberals out'

You're reiterating exactly the same thing. Why on earth would you vote for someone based on what someone around you feels rather than on what a party has delivered or has promised to deliver?

There's a difference between guessing how an election will unfold and trying to explain why folks should vote for someone.

Back