Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

The little blue windowless building on the left side of the rendering intrigues me. Is it part of the same development?

re: rendering

aA has a tendency to produce renderings with an extremely limited palette that bear no resemblance to reality whatsoever. Examples: 18 Yorkville, Spire, Pure Spirits, etc. Thankfully, the end products fared substantially better.

AoD

I suspect that blue building in the lower left is the new W hotel.

gumshoe 42

I think the dark building to the right is 880 Bay and the one to the left is 777 Bay (rendering looks south).

I think Canarob is pretty close..blue building on the left could be ROCP.

The windowless look is quite daring, something quite new really.

Didn't you hear? It's the newest trend in highrise architecture -- the building is completely encased in 20cm of armour plate, in this case painted blue. Truck bombs leave it unscathed. It's simply a logical extension of what is being done with the Freedom Tower in NYC.

Bill

Chernobyl chic? Why not? We've got Kazakh Kool at Yonge and Bloor.

Every time I hear Burrano I think of Burrito.

Burrito Tower. Think of the design possibilities there!

It would look kind of like the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, then.

So if Burano wants to take a more understated approach to their rendering, then I for one am all for it.

Promise little and hope for the best.

Canadian Renderwood -- Graphosilvans canadiansis

A close relative of the American Renderwood (Graphosilvans americansis), this forest giant grows at an amazing rate, reaching 20m (65ft) in height within its first year of life. Needing little water, it actually grows better the more polluted the air is.

Noted for its perfectly straight trunk, this tree is highly resistant to damage. It can withstand impacts from runaway SUVs with little more than scrapes. Its bark has the unusual property of shedding notices and handbills within moments of their attachment.

Strangely, this species was unknown to science until the twentieth century, but since then has proliferated across Canada.

Back