News   Apr 18, 2024
 372     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

Brampton Transit/Zum

I forget, is there a connection between the IC parking lot and GO?
Yes, but if you have to buy a ticket you have to go to the far side (there are tap machines in the corridor under the line)

As for using Steeles Zum to transfer - maybe running along there back to Bramalea is a way to make the Airport Road route look longer without additional infrastructure :)

On a separate note, does anyone find the "next stop" system voice on BT buses harsh/flat compared to TTC ones?
Flat, yes. Sounds slow and surmised that it was the voice of the Nanny from Muppet Babies. I may shit myself if the voice of Brampton Transit's next stop announcement was/is that of a 30-something-year-old lady. Or younger.

Pretty strong ridership growth for Brampton Transit in 2016

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/transit/About-Us/Pages/RidershipStats.aspx

upload_2017-1-19_11-28-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-19_11-28-15.png
    upload_2017-1-19_11-28-15.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 440
An Average of 63,000 riders a day is certainly pretty good considering Brampton's size.
they show weekday average of 83k (although, for some reason, that is calculated as "Average for September, October & November 2015"...since ridership is up for each of those months in 2016 it is actually higher now.

It is actually the rate of growth that is more impressive than the actual number. I guess I expected the rate of growth to slow/stall but adding over 9% from 2015 is pretty impressive.

It doesn't hurt that many BT/Zum routes go outside of the City of Brampton, adding to its ridership totals and general usefulness.

No, I agree that they are well planned. The only negative I find with Brampton Transit is it's general infrequency.

I find the timing to be more problematic, and always has been.

I don't take the bus as often anymore, but when I did, I would often miss a 30-minute frequency route by mere seconds, seeing it leave the terminal as my bus pulls in.
And then I get annoyed at the frequency after because it's now a full 30 minutes wait.

I guess I am just lucky, when I take the bus I walk out of my house stroll 5 minutes to a bus that is every 7 minutes which takes me to one that is every 5 minutes (or less) or so and that takes me to the GO train...and just do the reverse at night....I guess it is those sort of routes that has built ridership to 23MM/year ;)

I find the timing to be more problematic, and always has been.

I don't take the bus as often anymore, but when I did, I would often miss a 30-minute frequency route by mere seconds, seeing it leave the terminal as my bus pulls in.
And then I get annoyed at the frequency after because it's now a full 30 minutes wait.

That may have been a function of when were taking the bus then versus how they are now. I understand that they have been working quite hard over the past couple of years to prevent just those kinds of situations.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

That may have been a function of when were taking the bus then versus how they are now. I understand that they have been working quite hard over the past couple of years to prevent just those kinds of situations.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Once you get a transit system to a certain size, maintaining a hub-and-spoke "pulse" scheduling system like you have in Guelph and Peterborough (where many buses meet at a central location to connect with each other and head out at the same time) is impossible. But growing up in Brampton in the 1980s and 1990s, I can tell you that things are definitely better for timings at key intersections and terminals. I notice that the bi-monthly service changes are schedule tweaks, so they're paying attention to run times and transfers.

I'd like to see guaranteed 15-minute service, 18 hours a day on a few more routes (only 501 Queen Zum has this; I think 502, 511/11, 505/5 and 18 should too) to minimize transfer waiting time between less frequent services. I'd like a few more routes to have even 30 minute service or better at all times on a few more major corridors (23 Sandalwood, for example comes close, but not quite.)

I'm really looking forward to the service consultations this year. I'm hoping that with few new subdivisions to service in 2017, there will be more of a focus on the existing network.

I still see it to this day, although it's not me.

I'll be pulling out on my bus from the terminal, and see other buses coming in and be like "I'd hate to be on that bus trying to catch this one"

I think Sunday service could use to be expanded as well. My local route stops running at 7pm

Back