News   Apr 24, 2024
 264     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 435     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 472     0 

Brampton Transit/Zum

It doesn't have to end at Brampton. It could continue north until the railway, then continue north on the railway right-of-way which runs midway between Hurontario and McLaughlin to serve the communities of Snelgove, Cheltenham, Inglewood, Belfountain, and Alton.

I have always saw anything north of Brampton as phase II and III. Phase III would end up in Orangeville. If you really want to think big, take it up to Owen Sound. Phase II would end up in some backyard. ;)

In time, Queen will have an LRT.

I have always saw anything north of Brampton as phase II and III. Phase III would end up in Orangeville. If you really want to think big, take it up to Owen Sound. Phase II would end up in some backyard. ;)

Whoever could you be talking about? :D

Front yard, by the way...

I've looked at BT's website, and I can see the following:

Route 101 Airport Express is a go - 30 minute service all day, 18-19 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Route 77A - leaves BCC at 6:22, 6:52, 7:52, 8:22 (note gap) in AM, and looks like it does a deadhead in service to York for a 30 minute trip leaving BCC at 5 and 5:45 PM (kudos for doing this, I guess that's one advantage of having a garage so close to the busiest terminal). The peak-direction runs look like it makes limited stops in York Region for a 50 minute travel time.

Westbound, looks like there's deadheads in service leaving at 7:20AM and 7:50AM, perhaps a semi-effective reverse commute service. Leaves York at 3:45, 4:30, 5:30, 6:15.

Otherwise, I think most of what I mentioned above holds true.

Brampton and Mississauga should integrate their route numbers in my opinion.

Brampton and Mississauga should integrate their route numbers in my opinion.

Brampton and Mississauga should integrate their systems, in my opinion.

There's only one combination of routes that will take you from central Brampton to central Mississauga without making you transfer in a windswept industrial district.

Service changes are up. Looks good as they pretty much use up every bus they've got available during rush hour and have extended service hours on many routes and improved some off-peak frequencies. The next step should really be to speed up improvements the evening/weekend service levels. Routes running every 40, 45 and 60 minutes should start going down to every 30, especially Kennedy Road.

With pretty much every other 905 system making progress, it really makes DRT look bad. Oshawa, for example, had better off-peak service before DRT was established. It took them over 2 years to renumber the routes (and as if each municipality needs its own first digit either), and haven't even touched the Pickering/Ajax mess.

Yeah, what's up with Durham anyways. In addition to cutting service and they also now have the highest fares in the GTA. Also, I couldn't find a map of the system on their website.

YRT isn't doing too well either due to the much lower than expected ridership but at least they are trying, unlike DRT.

Not that I think about it, Route 101 to TTC 192 could be a cheap way of getting to the subway - almost as competitive as the GO bus, but with a cheaper ride and full fare integration at either end, unlike GO's service.

I think there should be a few more stops - Clark/Bramalea and Airport/Derry, but they have the limited stops to make sure they can run the service at all times with a 60 minute round trip with driver breaks and recovery time.

The improvements are good for me. The 51 now extends to Derry Rd which allows me to easily connect to the Mississauga 57 - prior I had to wait for the 42 to take me a block so I could get a connection as the MT drivers refused to take my BT transfers (as its not a 'direct connection').

Back