News   Apr 25, 2024
 72     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Blue Jays

Everything's bigger in Texas, even the wieners! Globe Life Park cooks up a 2ft hot dog aka The Broom Stick, that's $26.
TEXAS_RANGERS_ALT.jpg

I think we'll be needing a few more of those "broomsticks" come Sunday night ;)

Careful, one might want to try and remember when the last time a team won 2 on the road only to lose the best of 5 ALDS and which teams were involved.

I know. But at the same, we are playing a team that has choked on multiple postseason appearances, similar to the Atlanta Braves of the 1990s. That being said, yes, I am very much aware of last year.

I know. But at the same, we are playing a team that has choked on multiple postseason appearances, similar to the Atlanta Braves of the 1990s. That being said, yes, I am very much aware of last year.
The Texans are also aware of last year:

Dallas Morning News said:
Rangers face daunting mountain to climb, achieving something that hasn’t been done since … last year, to them

The Rangers face a daunting, but doable, challenge as they head into the Rogers Centre thunderdome facing elimination in the AL Division Series after losing the first two games at home.

Teams have come back from this kind of deficit before.

Most recently: Toronto.

Against the Rangers. Last year.

"What a different scenario sitting here this time than last year," manager Jeff Banister said Saturday. "Maybe I should call [Toronto manager] John [Gibbons] and ask him how he felt. The roles are reversed. I know he believed in his club. I believe in ours."

Last edited:
Hey Rangers - how does that broom taste? Odor can throw a punch but not a ball!:D

Jeff Bannister pulled a Buck Showalter as in not bringing out the closer in a tight inning on the road in an elimination match.

Mr. Stinky made an error in our favour. He got what he deserved for the punch on Bautista's face. Matt Bush, the one who intentionally threw the ball at Bautista that led to Odor punching Bautista, got the season-ending loss.

The Rangers had been rightfully punished for instigating the brawl back in May. Not just that, but the Rangers lost on what they usually win with (wins by a margin of one run). Karma is on the Jays' side.

Now, we just have to wait for the Indigenous Peoples of Cuyahoga or the Crimson Foot Coverings of Beantown.

Last edited:
I'm so over the Odor memes. After seeing how restrained the Jays' celebrations were this series, it's clear they're trying to distance themselves from the immature level this rivalry has gotten to.

I'm so over the Odor memes. After seeing how restrained the Jays' celebrations were this series, it's clear they're trying to distance themselves from the immature level this rivalry has gotten to.
Pillar had a class response when asked about it. Good on them.

And how awesome was it that they came out of the clubhouse to celebrate with the fans last night?

Back