News   Mar 28, 2024
 27     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Blue Jays

Well last year they were 37-35 against the East. That's all you need really. What you do against Tampa and Baltimore is as important (maybe more?) than what you do against NY and Boston. The key thing will be to continue beating up on the central and coming out better than .500 against the west. I think it's clear Boston is tops in the east but there is no reason why the Jays can't push for the wild card playing the way they have. It took a 9 game winning streak for the Yankees to pull within 2 games of the Jays.

But being in the same division as the Sox and Yanks you have to do well against them because you know they are going to beat up the Central and West as well as the Jays do. I would be very surprised if the eventual AL East winner (and AL East wild card as well) doesn't have a solid record against the other two of the big 3 (Jays/Sox/Yanks).

Last edited:
you're right, it is important not to lose too many games to NY and Boston, but a big factor is how the yanks and sox do against eachother as well. If one team can continuously beat up on the other, it can make things interesting as well. Obviously the Jays need to win as many games against as many teams as possible. If they can go .500 for the rest of the season, I think that'd be a pretty respectable position. It might not get a playoff spot, but it would get them close enough that they might be playing meaningful games in September, which is really all that i want to see come out of this season.

Playing meaningful games in September would make me happy, whether as part of a pennant chase or a wild card spot.

Tough loss to the Braves--Halliday was great but didn't win the duel. Makes for a tough time getting 2 of 3.

Good job Jays :mad:

Well alot of people saw it comming but jays have been swept 2 times in a row and have dropped 6 stright. in the boston series they had a combined 5 runs and in their series against atlanta they managed to get a whole 7 runs. their pitching wasn't bad but when the time to get runs came it usually ended up being wells (who cant seem to hit a beachball right now) and rios (who is constantly grounding out). Today the jays had a chance to take the lead in the 7th with the bases loaded and 1 out. lind struck out and so did rolen. in the same inning (with the usually amazing jays bulpen pitching, but recently they've been really crappy) atlanta gets the bases loaded 1 out and they end up scoring 7 runs in the inning. atlanta had 13 hits and 10 runs. the jays had 10 hits and 2 runs. how do you do that??.

That was my rampage for the day.i know the season is only 1/4 done but this last road trip has been horrible. its worried me and i hope this is just a temporary thing. common jays you have the best bats in the league and youve only scored 12 rins in the last 6 games. lets sweep baltamore.

From 1st to 3rd in two days, and the weak pitching staff has finally shown its true colours. Too bad Marcum and McGowan aren't yet ready and Litsch is still out as they are really the veterans in the pitching lineup behind Halliday, scary as that sounds.

As long as they're within 5 games come September. Keep it that close and anything can happen. Fact is, over the course of a season most teams will have a lengthy losing streak (maybe not 9 games, but 5+ isn't uncommon). I'll be there this weekend to see them play, hopefully the rest of the city hasn't written them off.

While I haven't given up on them I'd say a 9 game losing streak is evidence of more than a bump in the road. They need to turn it around fast.

It will be a good test this weekend to see if they can turn it around. I think they can put an end to this slide and keep pace with Boston and New York. If they could get 2 out of 3 this weekend that will be great. I'm going to 2 or 3 games. Sunday is mini replica SkyDomes to first 10,000 fans.

The 2009 Blue Jays: Can Roy Halliday's arm carry them?

Everyone: I have wanted to chime in here for a while-as someone who dislikes the Yankees and would like other AL East teams to compete with their free spending ways and high-priced talent.

The 2009 Blue Jays have Roy Halliday-arguably one of Baseball's best pitchers today and with Cito Gaston managing there is a link to those early 90s glory days...

There are doubters out there-like Tony Paige at NYC's WFAN Radio- who is convinced that the Jays will be out of contention for good and fade away by the All-Star break. I feel with those two key men that the Jays will be there.

I now wonder,though if Roy Halliday was to have a season like the 1972 Phillies with Steve Carlton having one of his best seasons ever for what was a last-place ballclub going 27-10 while the team went 59-97. Carlton won 40% of the Phillies total of wins that year! I do not feel so-Cito Gaston is too good a manager for that to happen.

I also dislike the current uniforms and logo and I feel that there should be more emphasis on the color BLUE. Those throwback road uniforms are neat but I find their use interesting during home games.

Can those glory days of the Rogers Skydome constant sellouts return?
I feel that if the Jays keep it interesting and have a good run-I say yes!

For stats of the 1972 Phillies look here:
www.baseball-reference.com/teams/PHI/1972.shtml
For a link to NYC's WFAN Radio look here:
www.wfan.com/

Baseball Opinions and memories from LI MIKE

Last edited:
The thing that bothered me the most about that 9 game streak was the 2 no-decisions that halladay got. Especially the first one.... 8 innings and 0 runs... what more could you possibly ask from doc?? That would have been an easy CGSO if they let him finish.

He deserves to be at 10-1 now.

He should be at 11-1 but 9-1 is pretty f***ing impressive. he is a beast 134 pitches 9 full innings and 14 strikeouts(career high in pitches and strikeouts). Jays will still stay 2 games back but its good that the 9 game losing streak is not effecting them.

He should be at 11-1 but 9-1 is pretty f***ing impressive. he is a beast 134 pitches 9 full innings and 14 strikeouts(career high in pitches and strikeouts). Jays will still stay 2 games back but its good that the 9 game losing streak is not effecting them.

Roy Halliday is the closest thing to a guaranteed win in Major League baseball--incredible movement and consistency. But the issue is the other four behind him--they need to get consistent again or it won't last.

Back