News   Apr 25, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 387     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 582     0 

Blue Jays

For sure Rougned Odor and José Bautista would be in hot water (more so the one with the foul-smelling surname).

This brawl could be the dirtiest brawl in modern MLB history.

As I saw pointed out by someone else, most MLB fights are usually jersey pulling, not a hard right to the jaw. MLB has a precedent here in terms of punishment that could be handed out.

This might be worse than the infamous Ryan vs. Ventura fight.

Last edited:
In all of the replays, I couldn't see what Donaldson did, just knew that he'd been tossed from the game.

Got a video link to Donaldson's tackle? I didn't watch the game live.

Watch @ 19 second mark. You can see Donaldson take down Odor.

Both Donaldson and Pillar looked like they wanted to kill Odor lol I have never seen Pillar so angry.

We should predict the verdict.

I predict that Bats would get suspended for around one game and Odor a few games. The Viking and Texas bench coach Steve Buechele may both end up with just a fine.

Bush and Chavez would get suspended for around ten games each, as the two deliberately threw at the opposing batters.

Not just that, but the crowds at Globe Life Park chanted "U-S-A! U-S-A!" during the brawl. Abner Doubleday and Alexander Cartwright would be rolling in their graves. The Founding Fathers of the United States would definitely not approve of the name of their country being associated with fisticuffs in their country's national pastime. Using patriotism as an excuse for such unsportsmanlike conduct is never acceptable. Note that I also don't approve of fans chanting "CAN-A-DA! CAN-A-DA!" if the Canadian hockey team were to beat up the opposing hockey team.

Last edited:
I'd like some of what you're having if you think Bush and Chavez get more games that Odor

I have been looking up past suspensions for fights and the biggest one was 15 games. Most were 10 games or less. The pitchers involved could get three games each and Gibby might get a game or two.

We'll have to get used to not having Joey, Donaldson, Pillar and Chavez available for a few games. Sanchez got a 3 game last year in the KC game - I'd expect Chavez to get the same.

Pillar, Donaldson and Bautista will get 2-3 each.

Odor will get a minimum of 10

I have to revise my prediction.

Odor would be suspended for a minimum of eight games, but more likely ten or twelve.

It was not the first time Odor picked a fight on the diamond. He started a brawl against the Vancouver Canadians when he was a minor leaguer (and it happened by chance that the Canadians were an affiliate of the Jays at the time and still are today).

Back