News   Apr 18, 2024
 504     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Blue Jays

Gibbons seems out to lunch, half of the time.

Can you make up your mind?????

Gibbons is gone for sure. We'll end up with a much less "loose" coach and the atmospherein the dugout probably won't be as much fun and relaxed.

And unlike Beeston he knows something about a baseball team.

Yeah - he's only 2 time MLB executive of the year in his time there bringing the Indians to the playoffs twice.

What does he know? Right??

Mark Shapiro was very successful in keeping payroll down and profits up, but from a baseball standpoint he failed. Bottom line, no playoff series since 2007. You are judged by playoff appearances, world series appearances and world series titles. As a result, Shapiro failed.

So I must have imagined the Indians in the playoffs in 2013?

The reigning MLB Executive of the Year is gone, just hours after he was announced as Executive of the Year. If that's not dysfunction I don't know what is. But that's part the cycle of mediocrity of pro sports in Toronto, we all should be used to that now.

Correct. They haven't won a division title since 2007.
Right, but they were in a Wild Card game in 2013, and thus made the postseason

Can you make up your mind?????
He is out to lunch, however, he still offers a calming presence in the dugout, which is, perhaps, better than playing for a manager with no personality and patience. I like Gibbons a person and his players get a long with him well and have little pressure to worry about under his watch. There are better managers out there, but they might not be able to develop the types of relationships with the players that Gibbons has.

Last edited:
No surprise here . I'd move to Boston for 217 million too :eek:

David Price agrees to 7-year, $217M deal with Red Sox: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/david-price-agrees-red-sox-deal-1.3346034

102m1bs.jpg

Price is a terrific player, but I'll have to say I don't think it was him or his presence that brought the Jays to the ALC this year.

You know who likes this? Zack Greinke. The Dodgers are prepared to offer him a six year deal worth $210 million.

Another big name is off the market. Zack Greinke signed with the D-Backs. It is a six year deal worth at least $206 million.

Back