News   Apr 19, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 558     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 932     3 

Bloordale Village

The area was one that missed out on gentrification until recently - 5 years tops. The pace of gentrification in the last few years has been really crazy though and so far it has been, IMO 100% positive. Some really cool interesting stuff happening in the neighborhood.

This article from 2012, I think, provides context for what has happened:
http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...h_development_plans_looming_for_how_long.html

The neighborhood borders on a fairly large amount of industrial space in the Junction triangle that has been taken over as housing and art galleries. A recent addition is this gallery which has got to be in the top 5 galleries in the city, AGO included:
http://www.blogto.com/gallery/arsenal-toronto

Anyone know what's going on with the Paradise cinema at Westmoreland and Bloor? There's hoarding up blocking off the entrance way and a sign that says caution demolition that has gone up.....

P.S. The Paradise Cinema is in Bloorcourt not Bloordale. Everything West of Dufferin is Bloordale. Everything East of Dufferin is Bloorcourt. Either way the Queen West-ification of the Bloors (Bloordale and Bloorcourt) continues to simmer largely under the radar. I would be so bold as to say that the Bloors (including Koreatown) are starting to become the epicentre of 20-30 something hipster or post-hipster society.

P.S. The Paradise Cinema is in Bloorcourt not Bloordale. Everything West of Dufferin is Bloordale. Everything East of Dufferin is Bloorcourt. Either way the Queen West-ification of the Bloors (Bloordale and Bloorcourt) continues to simmer largely under the radar. I would be so bold as to say that the Bloors (including Koreatown) are starting to become the epicentre of 20-30 something hipster or post-hipster society.

Well koreatown (i.e. west of Bathurst -> Christie Pits) and the Annex (i.e. east of Bathurst -> Spadina) I'd argue has already been this way for many many years now !

Now if your talking about west of Cristie Pits, sure that's been changing quite a bit.

Unconfirmed but apparently the Starbucks portion of the project is not going ahead. Question-mark on that one?

Unconfirmed but apparently the Starbucks portion of the project is not going ahead. Question-mark on that one?

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear. I heard rumours about both the Starbucks and the Country General plans. I was able to corroborate the Country General plans with BlogTo, but I haven't seen anything to confirm the Starbucks....It would be one hell of a big Starbucks, and I'd be much happier to find out the theater was staying a theater........

Back