News   Mar 28, 2024
 378     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 281     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 312     0 

Bloor Annex

The Queen's Park hawk appears to have taken residence on an air conditioner at UTS on the top floor Huron street side. Hard to tell, but I think there are potentially hawk babies.

Does the Annex feel more similar to neighborhoods to its north or to its south?

I would say more similar to the neighbourhoods to the south of it, to the point that parts of Harbord Village are sometimes referred to as the South Annex. North of the Annex lies Dupont and the tracks, and most things north of that are either more modest than the Annex or swankier.

I would say more similar to the neighbourhoods to the south of it, to the point that parts of Harbord Village are sometimes referred to as the South Annex. North of the Annex lies Dupont and the tracks, and most things north of that are either more modest than the Annex or swankier.

That's my general impression, but having walked through both on Friday night it really dawned on me how different they are, whatever the realtors say. The houses are larger, seem to be built in the early 20th century rather than the 19th century and most have driveways. Even two blocks away felt quite removed from the Bloor strip.

Would you recommend the apartment buildings in the Annex (the ones on Walmer, St George, Spadina and so on)? Are they maintained well? How do they compare to the other areas in the city in terms of value for the money?

Back