News   Mar 18, 2024
 792     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.6K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 777     0 

Smart Centre developments

yeah the gas bar was a dead giveaway. :)
Really curious to see who the other tenants are... Have heard from some sources that there's a Toys R Us and a HomeSense along with a Buffalo Wild Wings

Sounds like Buffalo Wild Wings is going for the same strategy that killed Wild Wing.

Do we really need that many wing places? Most of the Wild Wings have already been shut down now that their "franchisee on every corner" strategy has failed miserably.

That being said the Buffalo Wild Wings on Major Mac is always busy, despite not even being that good.

Hwy 7/Hwy 427 Smartcentre's construction for its Costco anchor is now in full swing and multiple "Costco" signs dot the perimeter of the site.

Checking out the smartreit website I noticed that they haven't updated the the plan to show Costco or any other upcoming tenants.
Did a little bit of digging but found nothing... wondering if anyone has further info?

So... there are now Walmart Supercentre banners attached to the fencing surrounding the future SmartCentre site on Lesmill in the Yorkmills/Don mills/Leslie area; no photo unfortunately. I couldn’t find a thread for it and haven’t heard any rumblings in years. Looks like it finally might be happening.

When was the last time Wal-mart actually built a new store? They pulled out of all of their urban expansion sites a few years ago.

When was the last time Wal-mart actually built a new store? They pulled out of all of their urban expansion sites a few years ago.

I know they opened 1 in BC in January of this year. And they have taken over a bunch of Target locations.

But ya, they have pretty much stopped opening new stores. I guess this marks a change if they are finally going to build this store.

Back