News   Apr 19, 2024
 623     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 625     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Best Burger

Carl's Jr is planning on opening 30 locations across Ontario. The Waterloo location opened up last week with another location opening soon in Guelph.

In terms of American fast food chains, Checkers is great. The cheeseburgers and seasoned fries are cheap and really tasty. The drive through-only concept is purely suburban, but there's nothing stopping them from opening storefront locations.

Wahlburgers set to open mid-November in the Soho Metropolitan Hotel.

The Toronto outpost of Wahlburgers, the gourmet burger joint from celebrity siblings Mark and Donnie Wahlberg and their chef brother Paul, fired up the grill for a sneak peek on Thursday.

The sleek-surfaced restaurant, the brothers’ first Canadian location, is set to open on Nov. 15 in the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel at Wellington St. W. and Blue Jays Way.

The restaurant — outfitted with shiny green chairs, wood accents and a casual dining vibe — will serve specialty patties designed by the brothers alongside alcohol-infused milkshake frappes, “Wahlbanger” cocktails with a Canadian twist and boxes of bite-sized Tater Tots.

The two-storey sports bar, family restaurant and quick-serve establishment is modeled after the original Boston location, chronicled in an A&E TV reality series and known to inspire four-hour lineups on a Saturday afternoon.

In terms of American fast food chains, Checkers is great. The cheeseburgers and seasoned fries are cheap and really tasty. The drive through-only concept is purely suburban, but there's nothing stopping them from opening storefront locations.

Have you tried "Fast Eddie's"? If so how does it compare Checkers...(FE has about 10 locations in the Brant County/KW/Cambridge/Guelph area)

I haven't, but I recently went back to Checkers and was disappointed. They have good burgers, but they're incredibly salty. Their battered and seasoned fries are still amazing though.

Wahlburgers set to open mid-November in the Soho Metropolitan Hotel.

It's actually open at the minute - the grand opening is November 15.

Beware though - if you "dine-in" there - they automatically add an 18% service charge to your bill

I believe the Great Burger Kitchen locations have all closed. Has anyone seen any of them open recently?

I wonder if they know there's a GBK in the UK.....so they've change Gourmet to Great....should that be enough?
Anyways the GBK in the UK are by far the best fast casual burger I've had, hands down. Can only wish they'll consider expanding into Canada.

Anyone nostalgic for those hotdog, burger and poutine Greek diners found in Montreal (or at least used to be found in Montreal, eg along McGill south of Square Victoria?) Well I finally found a place that matches their atmosphere and taste:

Steak Queen. The home burger is pretty good! (It's not in the same league as Zet's, but it really does remind me of my Montreal days.:)) I will try their poutine next time.

Well I finally found a place that matches their atmosphere and taste: Steak Queen.

The mayor of Montreal hangs out at Greek diners while in a drunken cracked out stupor?

Back