News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Best Burger

Yes, there are better gourmet burgers out there, but nothing comes close in the fast food department. You aren't walking out of Priest or P+L 4 minutes after ordering - you are weaving out 15 minutes after ordering - and that is just an average wait. In N Out is a different class. As a fast food burger, and not a gourmet burger, they are top notch. Many people lining up today simply wanted to show their support for a chain that would do very well in Toronto.

My wife and I are pretty picky when it comes to burgers. Unless a place uses good quality, locally raised, hormone and antibiotic free, fresh ground (daily) beef, no filler with no seasoning other than salt, cooked medium rare on a flat top grill we won't bother trying it. The good news is that there's a few places around which will serve them up that way. We still have other places to try but so far here's our top two.

The Stockyards (St. Clair West) - We have two favourites here. The Green Chili Pimento Cheese and The Butter Burger.

The Rude Boy (Roncesvalles) - The Sting. Haven't tried any others as The Sting was so good. $5 Burger special on Mondays.

Although The Burger's Priest gets good reviews and they certainly fit our criteria but we've been 3 times to the location at Queen/Coxwell but left disappointed each time.We ordered them medium rare but they arrived (after a long wait with relatively short line-up) either raw or well done. We won't be going back.

I'm a big burger guy and was very disappointed by BP. The lineup, the price, the taste. low marks all around.

You wouldn't catch me lining up there for 3-4 hours. Lots of other good places in TO.

true. I had it before in LA, and was largely underwhelmed.
Then 1000 Torontonians lined up for a burger as if we are a bunch of bumpkins. Kind of embarrassing. Some folks waited in line at 6:30, for a fr*ing hamburger.

Then 1000 Torontonians lined up for a burger as if we are a bunch of bumpkins. Kind of embarrassing. Some folks waited in line at 6:30, for a fr*ing hamburger.

So did they give up their spots in line for the iPhone 6? lol

I'm LMAO!!!

People lining up for a hamburger, or people whining on the internet about people lining up for hamburgers: hard to tell who are the bigger losers.

I'm a big burger guy and was very disappointed by BP. The lineup, the price, the taste. low marks all around.

Me, too. While I'll admit the burger tasted great, much like Five Guys, their priority is in delivering taste over any effort to sell a nutritious or high-quality product. Cheap buns, low-grade condiments, and processed plastic cheese.

Why do some consider hamburger with a filler disgusting? There are recipes that mix in bread, eggs, milk, pork, rice, etc. that taste better than plain old ground beef.

Because when it comes to most restaurant chains, "filler" usually indicates a healthy dose of artificial flavours and ingredients, or even worse, that the patty has been cut with textured vegetable protein (sometimes called TVP or Textured Soy Protein) or some other abomination against nature. Check the ingredients on most frozen boxed patties and meatballs in the grocery store and you will find they contain TVP and other fillers.

I am certainly not opposed to the ingredients you mentioned, but restaurants and food manufacturers typically default to rip-off mode, i.e. give you 10% pure beef (or less) mixed with a bunch of crap fillers, yet charge you a premium price.

Why do some consider hamburger with a filler disgusting? There are recipes that mix in bread, eggs, milk, pork, rice, etc. that taste better than plain old ground beef.

My Dad used to grill great burgers. He always mixed in raw eggs, sliced white bread, finely chopped onion and parsley. They came out big, fat, juicy and tasty. I like my condiments but you never needed them with these burgers.

People lining up for a hamburger, or people whining on the internet about people lining up for hamburgers: hard to tell who are the bigger losers.

lol. I didn't need to get up at 6am and wait in line for 4 hours for a burger.

Back