Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Well, until it's built, it's all speculation, ain't it? But I have high hopes. That park segment reaching over the tracks - that's killer. I'm kinda surprised by how much extra mass the project injects into downtown. The scale of it is pretty dramatic.

And there's Eighth Avenue Place in Calgary. They are not a bad looking pair from afar in one of the sunniest places on the planet. The curtainwall loses it's lustre up close. Looks really cheap.

The video does not even have 1 York and Harbour Plaza, so the density is really already greater than depicted. Soon with 10 York, and possibly that massive Toronto Star grounds redevelopment, downtown south of the Gardiner is going to be its own veritable city.

I was expecting a more substantial structure or exoskeleton if the will. Maybe it would be too Fosteresque and hide the subtle angled glass but, a facade with ornamentation/depth is sorely lacking here. I don't think this qualifies.

The lighting is great. Something that highlights the design and doesn't just burn your eyes.

Wow, that looks amazing. I can't wait for the parkland over the tracks. That'll be awesome.
This is one of the most unique vantage points for All to enjoy. Though, just curious if there at all could be any issues regarding train exaust? is this a study thats been done?

Any ETA on the first tower's start? Or has it been pushed back considerably due to demand/supply levels?
You'd think so but Bay Park Centre might be a special case. The central location, the exquisite design of the adjoining podium/park, and the unparalleled views of the CN Tower are sure going to win over some prime tenants.

You'd think so but Bay Park Centre might be a special case. The central location, the exquisite design of the adjoining podium/park, and the unparalleled views of the CN Tower are sure going to win over some prime tenants.

The problem is, it hasn't, yet.

Back