Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
The cones are fencing off the middle of the road this time, and the trucks seem to larger. I really hope they are drilling but is it possible to do that with the cars still there? Wouldn't they need to block the lot first so that no cars enter the lot? Also, why would they be drilling in the corner, and fence off a very small area? I hope I'm wrong but the setup looks temporary to me.

The street work is separate from the Bay Park project. The street work is part of a larger project installing a lot of cable, they've been digging smaller holes on both sides of Bay for a few months now. There are usually several communication trucks and Bell vans. They dig during the day, spend a lot of time looking in the hole and then they fill it back in before rush hour. They come back and do it somewhere else a few weeks later.

Interesting note under issues to be resolved page 9:
"separation distance between the proposed tower and the existing zoning permissions for a 137 metre high tower at 1 Front Street West". Presumably that is as of right zoning on top of the Dominion Public Building.

Wow. I hadn't realized that the diamond shapes were actually facets, instead of just flat. They look fantastic the way the light reflects off of them and delineates them. Very cool!

Back