Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
They sell off federal properties. It'll have been transferred to Canada lands for a nominal sum (likely $1) for them to sell it off to a private buyer.

Hopefully we can sell off Harper as well; its too bad he cant be packaged in a deal with the dominion building. Usually Im not a big advocate for keeping historical buildings, but the dominion building is one of the historic ones that should be left untouched completely.

Why aren't you an advocate for preserving older buildings?
Guess I should correct myself before things go a little out of hand. There are many buildings in the city which I think should be preserved and are significant, but there are others (ie: Stollery's, Union's old bush shed, etc...) which have just plain past passed their time.

The Dominion Building happens to be one of the more obvious one's to keep. I'd compare it to the Summerhill Hill stations (in terms of buildings that should not be demolished, have their exteriors significantly changed, etc...)

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3808687&isCofASearch=false

141 BAY ST
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Application to amend the Railway Lands East Area A Zoning By-law 168-93 for the lands municipally known as 141 Bay Street and a portion of the adjoining Metrolinx Downtown Rail Corridor. This application will allow the second phase of a larger redevelopment that commenced with the new office tower 45 Bay Street.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 208844 STE 28 OZ Aug 18, 2015 Under Review

Make it Dominion Station. They say they're at some point going to need to drop the Lakeshore line into a tunnel...either that or add a Bathurst Yard station.

If you need an underground station, build it where the GO bus terminal is currently, put an office tower over it, and have the station spill out at ground level across into Brookfield place.

Underground, you can lessen the choke point into the LRT loop by pushing another entrance into Dominion. Also, you could add a Bay East teamway to more platforms...allowing double berthing for trains coming in from the east.

Or your have your SmarTrack/RER tunnel terminate here.

Back