Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
About this. Does anyone know the alignment of this roughed-in space?

From the latest Waterfront Transit Reset:

sGAlchi.png

I think this alignment avoids the Bay Park Centre roughed-in platform. The current Bay Street streetcar alignment would presumably remain the same as now, with a new tunnel running under the Union Station rail corridor. Freeland Street is wayy east of the Bay Park Centre, so I think this routing stands apart from this project. Correct me if I am wrong.

Interesting with alignment under USRC. Could conflict with Metrolinx's plans for a future "Simcoe Station" under Union.

The new Supporting Documents give a hint as to why there are no shovels in the ground here yet, or at least no announcement yet: they still don't have the Site Plan Approval. While there are reports that a number of companies are checking this development out for their new offices, I can imagine that Ivanhoé Cambridge is not interested in making an announcement without being able to move ahead on construction. The latest docs show that revisions are being made for the fourth time (so fifth submission) to satisfy concerns from a pile of agencies and departments: this is an incredibly complex development. Want details? The docs are an interesting read.

Some stats that I've updated in the dataBase file: the south building is now 49 storeys tall, not 48, and 237.8 m high, or 780 feet.

Some stats that I've updated in the dataBase file: the south building is now 49 storeys tall, not 48, and 237.8 m high, or 780 feet.

I have the north building as 243.1m/798ft and 54 storeys, I believe I got it from the architectural plans as well, does that jive with what you've seen? Database says 868 ft.

I have the north building as 243.1m/798ft and 54 storeys, I believe I got it from the architectural plans as well, does that jive with what you've seen? Database says 868 ft.
I'm not sure what your source material is for the north building at 243.1m. The supporting documents (Architectural Drawings of 11 August, 2015) for it have a height of 264.568m. 54 storeys is correct.

I'm not sure what your source material is for the north building at 243.1m. The supporting documents (Architectural Drawings of 11 August, 2015) for it have a height of 264.568m. 54 storeys is correct.

That's why I put it out there, to check. I've corrected it in The 120m List.

The elevated terrace rendering looks great, at least as one can glean from the small picture -- the changes in elevation are a nice, unexpected twist given that it'll be above-grade.

Doesn't phase 2 of Bay Park Centre involve developing the parking lot behind the Dominion Public Building? Do they own that parking lot? In an earlier iteration of their plans, they even had a rooftop addition on the Dominion Public Building. Why were these things in their plans if they don't own the building?

They do own and will redevelop the parking lot in phase 2. The earliest images with rooftop additions to the Dominion Public Building were speculative, and it's likely that Canada Lands were encouraging the speculation at the time. That potential component of the plan was dropped when it proved to be an irritant at the City, promising to bog down plans for the redevelopment of the initial towers on Ivanhoé Cambridge's own site.

Back