Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
That is very exciting! Do we have a thread for that here on UT?
No and it is YEARS away and depends on many things. The DPB actually being sold, the DPB being bought by someone who wants a public space in the rear ground floor area (Ivanhoe say they do) and the tunnel actually being convertible to part of PATH. Let's not create threads for it just yet!

I really hope they will find a tenant. For me, it the most eyes striking office tower ready to be leased.
Union centre and 160 front are not promoted by their developers for the moment ,so they will find.
I think for 81 Bay street this tenant could be find in maybe a year or two.
It will bring vibrancy to the district with a world class architecture.
:)

That is very exciting! Do we have a thread for that here on UT?
No and it is YEARS away and depends on many things. The DPB actually being sold, the DPB being bought by someone who wants a public space in the rear ground floor area (Ivanhoe say they do) and the tunnel actually being convertible to part of PATH. Let's not create threads for it just yet!
We do have a thread for the Dominion Public Building. It's here.

Per Jennifer Pagliaro, tweeting from community council:

- Approved at community council, now headed to council, despite KWT's commentary: "challenges that general public likely wouldn't access fourth-floor park space. Would only be open when subway is open."

Per Jennifer Pagliaro, tweeting from community council:

- Approved at community council, now headed to council, despite KWT's commentary: "challenges that general public likely wouldn't access fourth-floor park space. Would only be open when subway is open."

KWT never misses an opportunity to creatively object to a first rate project.

I do consider accessibility to the park an issue. One should be able to get there regardless of whether the subway or this building is open.

Subway hours are pretty extensive. Are we really that worried about access at 3 a.m.? Personally, I'm happy with subway hours, as long perhaps as they allow for 6 a.m. Sunday morning openings.

ETA: It would also be nice if the owner were also required to make the space available on a certain number of nights every year to events that could extend past 2 a.m. (e.g. Nuit Blanche, Luminato perhaps, etc.). But hard pressed to see why the space generally needs to be open between 2-6 a.m.

I do consider accessibility to the park an issue. One should be able to get there regardless of whether the subway or this building is open.
A park built over a railroad corridor open during the night (2am-6am), i don't know about that?....not many cities in North America in this situation would have it open 24 hours a day

A park built over a railroad corridor open during the night (2am-6am), i don't know about that?....not many cities in North America in this situation would have it open 24 hours a day

Certainly Millennium Park in Chicago doesn't - it closes at 11pm. Besides it isn't like the bridge function is irreplaceable.

AoD

Is the bus station still GO only ?

I inquired as to the status of this back in September:

upload_2016-10-15_20-2-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-15_20-2-54.png
    upload_2016-10-15_20-2-54.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,273
Yes Metrolinx are very serious about moving ahead with a new bus station and I was under the impression this was all moving ahead fairly speedily; 45 Bay (aka 81 Bay) - which already has an agreement with the City for a roughed in space for the LRT platform - is apparently at the final approvals stage.

About this. Does anyone know the alignment of this roughed-in space?

From the latest Waterfront Transit Reset:

sGAlchi.png

Back