News   Apr 26, 2024
 480     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Bad Boy Furniture Bankruptcy

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score

Looks like there's NOOOOOOOOBODY! patronizing the furniture store enough to be profitable even a few years after the death of founder and mayor Mel Lastman.

Edit: clarified

Last edited:
It’s the second time the chain went bankrupt. Back in the late 1980s, most stores closed down, I believe leaving just a North York and/or Scarborough location open.

Correct, the location on Finch West near Keele remained open through the first bankruptcy, the same store my parents bought furniture from when they first arrived in this country in 1971.

Last edited:
Notice to Customers of Bad Boy Furniture Warehouse Limited
We are writng to advise customers of Bad Boy Furniture Warehouse Limited (“Bad Boy”) that on November 9, 2023 Bad Boy made the very difficult decision to commence restructuring proceedings by filing a Notice of Intention to Make a Proposal (a “NOI”) under the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act (the “BIA”). KSV Restructuring Inc. is the trustee named in the NOI proceedings (the “Proposal Trustee”). The decision to commence these proceedings was taken after much deliberation; however, Bad Boy believed it was necessary in the context of a challenging economic environment driven by high interest rates, declining sales in the housing sector and a tight retail climate, particularly in the home furnishing sector.
Customers of Bad Boy may have placed deposits for the future delivery of furniture and/or appliances. We regret to inform you that as a result of the commencement of the NOI proceedings, Bad Boy is unable to refund those deposits or to complete those purchases. Customers who have paid a deposit by credit card, should contact their credit card company to obtain a refund. The credit card companies may require evidence of Bad Boy’s insolvency, and to assist you to provide them with this evidence, we have attached a copy of the certificate of filing confirming the commencement of the NOI proceedings.
Customers who have questions concerning their deposit and would like to speak to a representative of the Company, are encouraged to send an email to customers@nooobody.com or to badboy@ksvadvisory.com. A Bad Boy or a Proposal Trustee representative will respond to your email as promptly as possible in the circumstances.
Bad Boy remains open for business during this process and expects to commence a liquidation sale from certain of its stores in the near term. Further information about the sale and these proceedings can be found on the Proposal Trustee’s website at htps://www.ksvadvisory.com/experience/case/bad-boy

Last edited:
I actually never shopped at Bad Boy. They never seemed to be near where I lived and IKEA and Structube had more stylish pieces.

Back