News   May 03, 2024
 232     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 599     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Atheists hope (don't pray) to bring ads to Toronto (G&M)

do you support this ad?

• Total voters
"Soharwardy is calling on believers from all religions to help craft an appropriate response to the atheist message, "There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

He's collecting ideas for a pro-God slogan at contact@islamicsupremecouncil.com, and plans to have the ads ready to run concurrently with the anti-God message."

Oh, I can imagines some of the responses he'll get. How about:

"There's most certainly a God, so you'd better start worrying about believing in Him or else its hellfire for you"

or

"There's definitely a God, but you'd better pick the right one if you know what's good for you."

I just can't imagine what kind of pro-God message would be needed to counter such a mild statement against belief.

maybe something like this?:

5:51 O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

2:6 As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not.
2:7 Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.

He told Canada AM that he's particularly concerned about young children who are just beginning to read and who are too innocent to think about the subject critically.

LMAO. Isn't that the entire foundation of religion? Brainwash kids about the existence of ghosts and goblins and religious beings before they are old enough to realize otherwise?

Anyway... am I the only one who finds this entire "war" hilarious? I'm probably closest to an atheist, but I could care less what religious people think... I usually roll my eyes at them instead of trying to educate them. I do however find it fun to antagonize them because they take their silly beliefs so seriously.

That being said, how can I make a contribution to this atheist campaign?

He told Canada AM that he's particularly concerned about young children who are just beginning to read and who are too innocent to think about the subject critically.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

On the topic of what the TTC allows advertisers to display, this is bloody ridiculous. I guess it was Sony that ultimately decided to to take down the adds, but I can't help but feel some people are being far to sensitive. The premise, that Killzone is a close approximation of Iraq (it isn't, unless space nazis populate Iraq now) and that Scarborough residents may feel a discomforting similarity with the that is bizarre in the extreme. To point out the obvious, there are no space nazis in Scarborough. Less obvious, but still plenty clear, I don't think anybody in their right mind would see any parallel between Scarborough and whatever socio-economic issues it has and Iraq. None.

Killzone2_Box_Art.jpg

there are no space nazis in Scarborough.

Now THAT'S something that I would have never expected to read on Urban Toronto. I'm tempted to make that my signature.

EDIT: To be clear, I agree with Whoaccio completely. I just think that is a very surreal quote.

Last edited:
By God, stop putting society's problems on those who easy to blame (but are trully blameless).

Put on those who are hard to blame (but are truly at fault).

for starters....

the criminals and gang members themselves... We should stop with this stupid talk of that poor people commit crimes out of desperation, feel pity...

The Justice system that clearly is not serving Justice...

no point of starting this discussion here...

Off topic.

Back