Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

This will be one of the last developable areas in the neighbourhoods, the other property being the ramp down to the SkyDome garage west of Rees. I'm pretty excited about what they are doing at Roundhouse Park. The miniature train rides and train museum will keep the park quite busy when finished I would think. With so many kids going up the CN Tower each day I would expect the running trains to lure a large number of families across the street.

This will be one of the last developable areas in the neighbourhoods, the other property being the ramp down to the SkyDome garage west of Rees. I'm pretty excited about what they are doing at Roundhouse Park. The miniature train rides and train museum will keep the park quite busy when finished I would think. With so many kids going up the CN Tower each day I would expect the running trains to lure a large number of families across the street.

There's still the space beside 18 York St. TBA. So there area will still be a construction zone for quite awhile. At least for the next decade.

I thought that property beside 18 York was already destined to be a hotel with a connection above grade to 18 York (crossing over York street into the Telus building) and to the convention centre by connecting to the SkyWalk.

I thought that property beside 18 York was already destined to be a hotel with a connection above grade to 18 York (crossing over York street into the Telus building) and to the convention centre by connecting to the SkyWalk.

I don't know. Where did you hear that? There's already several hotels around the area.

Fairmont owns the lands to the west of 18 York and the latest plans were for a hotel and residential building. The Railway Lands East Precinct Plan B identifies as such I believe. Fairmont had a cost sharing agreement with the City to construct the Simcoe Underpass.

Fairmont owns the lands to the west of 18 York and the latest plans were for a hotel and residential building. The Railway Lands East Precinct Plan B identifies as such I believe. Fairmont had a cost sharing agreement with the City to construct the Simcoe Underpass.

When the economy improves i can see Fairmont building a signature tower at that location.

I don't know if this has been posted here yet, I work at the CN tower as a tour guide, and today i was talking to my manager about what the cn tower had planned for the base. And he said that they had already invested lots of money on studying how to put an aquarium at the base of the CN tower, and that it will eventually be built on top of east park which is rigt beside the south convention centre, and it will extend to and around the CN tower base, anyways just a lil interesting info :p he said they were studying this because they found that people would come from a further distance to visit an aquarium rather than just the tower, so if they could get people here for the aquarium they could then attract them to go up the tower as well.

Does anyone know if that brewery across the CN tower is of any use?

I see construction work being done all the time, seems like a waste of space to me.

I hope UT spares you because you're new here: the Roundhouse is of extraordinary historical significance to our city and to rail history in general.

Steam Whistle has made a sustainable use of the building keeping it from falling into disrepair. You should go inside. It's quite a beautiful space courtesy of Steam Whistle's brewery.

The ongoing construction is for a Leon's who will be put to use yet another portion of the building while funding a small rail museum on site.

The lands are being restored and the park around it will make a great viewpoint for tourists and Torontonians alike to admire the CN Tower.

Does anyone know if that brewery across the CN tower is of any use?

I see construction work being done all the time, seems like a waste of space to me.

Across the street is parkland surrounding the historic roundhouse which leases some space to Steam Whistle Brewery and Leon's. Underneath the park and roundhouse is the Convention Centre. I don't think a historic building and park sitting on top of a Convention Centre is a waste of space... I think it is an effective use of space considering most parks have nothing under them.

Back