News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 540     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

And now ... Maclean's Rankings

"It hasn’t always been seen this way, but now anything south of Danforth is casually referred to as the Beaches"

Says nobody ever, except realtors with listings south of the Danforth.

I'm not really sure what this summary is trying to convey. Is it trying to provide info on best bang for the buck, cuz it isn't a list of the nicest neighbourhoods?

FWIW, where I currently live (and plan to live for the next 20 years), E06 Birchcliff-Cliffside, is ranked 79th in Toronto, according to that list. My neighbourhood is good, but wouldn't be rated my #1 in all of Toronto. However, my #1 would still be in E06, albeit a few km west of where I live. That neighbourhood is Fallingbrook. It's basically Beaches but without all the main irritants. It's a neighbourhood with large lots and with driveways in Scarborough just east of Victoria Park, so within walking distance of the sand and shops, but without all the annoying local tourists and traffic.

BTW, the URLs are borked. When you click on the list of 400+ GTA neighbourhoods, at least for me it shows the Toronto neighbourhoods only.

Last edited:

Back