Toronto Ellie Condos | 105.76m | 31s | G Group | Kirkor Architects

luxome

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/drp_agenda_dec08.pdf

From a Korean website (Translation using web translator so some words or sentences may not make sense)
http://www.soncanada.com/zBoard/zbo...&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=100

Hotel 10th floor 160~180 room condominium 25~27 layer 250 generation
Korean capital north abusive language development project contour

70,000 square foot…April enterprising explanation meet
Development enterprise “eastern fire goes round and,”

(Quick time) built with a Korean capital in Toronto north abusive language essential and the contents which the qualitative prismatic complex condominium and hotel project is concrete became known.

`Where takes charge of a Toronto Korean social first development project the trust development which counts (Centrust Development) present president inside explained the HanKook Daily News which sees from the company office of the 27th morning knock-down town crawls and the north abusive language development project which from the innumerable difficulties place drifts during that time in town (official name 'Centrium At North York `) about in detail.

To this place the Andrew five director who takes charge of the sale [cu] marketing of the trust development which counts and the wool enterpriser the trust group which counts (representative trillion [seyp]) Kim John sat with superior.

The site where the hotel and the condominium will enter (5220~5254 Yong2 St.) north abusive language center north side route opposite side L [le] [sul] child expense new (Ellerslie Ave) comes between park view child expense new (Parkview Ave) zero [su] [thu] [lis] with the arm producer [su] (L [le] [sul] child expense new side ladling that [su] (about 70,000 square foot (6,507 square meters) reaches until Fergs) sports bars from Speedy) automobile maintenance point places.

The trust group which counts buying the [su] producer maintenance point in 2007 October the professional prop work broker led with start and per the handing-over ceremonies for 3 months, the paint store, nine tickets, all buys the buildings which Vietnam noodles dining room etc. are moving in was.

The trust group which counts passenger compartment 160∼180 hotels (10 storied inside and outside) with 25∼27 layer condominium (230~250 units) is the plan which will newly build in this site. To lower part 2nd floor of the condominium building the mourner's house moves in. The mourner's house the various enterprise and the moving in discussion are in the process of advancing and still the contract not being completed. The building size approximately thus being decided because the capacity rate which is provided in hour regulations is within about 5 times of the plottage is.

Five directors “already with the plan plan together are the condition which applies a construction in hour authorities. The draft the somewhat is a possibility which will be regulated and will be able to open to the public the last plan was not the phase " “March end about all things the knot around 4∼ May which comes to come made the model house and they revealed holds an enterprising meeting plan ".

Relates with the revenue source which is committed in this project and, five directors “the enterprising program memorandum rumor of the town which is Korean eastern fire with fact entirely is different, " “makes, [phen] [ting] (funding: When funds recruitment) does and Korea and Canada of course, the money makes gather from world-wide everywhere. This funds will lead and the AMC (Asset Management Company) (asset management company) there was not a possibility which will know the source because of unyielding spirit and said ".

Present president inside the trust development which counts one in the representative plan company and of Korea is 'is the industry veteran who with the designer of space ' participated to a various proposal project from foreign countries. He explained “adds America of Korea, as making public a different pattern interior structure”.

The trust which five directors count in sample step report contents “meantime purchased handles/the site of the saint George church which is to zero westnorth corners part with fact is different, " “there made be interest and making investigate is a fact but was not a work which accomplishes and " indicated.

* The trust group which counts

From 2002 Canada * Malaysia * detains the capital of Korea in Australia etc. overseas investment in real estate project work and the certified public accountant who comes (CPA) is a company which trillion [seyp] seeds at 2006 autumn found in Toronto.

During that time condominium specialty sprout is burnt (Tridel) with same joint work (joint venture) after indirect investment or, there is several times has an enterprising explanation meet at the various development enterprise and condominium. To the condominium investment enterprising meeting which the trust which counts at 2006 second half of the year holds from Toronto 18 enterprises and the press corps participate from Korea, did.

Source; Korea Times Daily Toronto

Last edited:
Some words or sentences may not make sense? You're greatly expanding the definition of the word some.

Given all the "abusive languages" in there, I can only assume that this is the first expletive-laden condo announcement in Toronto's history. Seems rather un-Korean of them. What's their problem?

Some words or sentences may not make sense? You're greatly expanding the definition of the word some.

LOL! i guess i meant to say, only some words make sense. haha.

has anyone heard of the builder/group? have they built anything in GTA?

and what's up with Young + Wright, their website is down (http://www.ywarch.ca/) and no one answers the phone, not even voicemail.

Last edited:
oh man... this is just way too funny to try and make sense of! I am laughing my ass off... reminds me of engrish.com

but apparently somebody is going to build something!

Centrium got mildly thrashed by the design review in April: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/designreview_minutes_apr09.pdf

If memory serves me correctly, this project includes the ex-Speedy Muffler site and everything north to Ellerslie. I guess the Korean article also says this, but it's in Engrish, not English.

I must admit the site is a bit strange for a hotel...I don't know if North York needs another hotel but if it does, something at the 401 or Sheppard would be a much better spot. There's definitely a lot of retail gaps along Yonge north of Empress, and some existing retail in buildings that contribute nothing to the street and should be replaced, but given some of the glass & precast stuff recently built along Yonge, filling in the retail streetscape here with more of the same blah sterile condo retail may only result in a marginal improvement.

And it's a Kirkor project! Isn't everyone excited now?

As of April, this was a Kirkor project, not Young & Wright...I wasn't kidding what I asked if everyone was excited about this being a Kirkor project!

Centrium got mildly thrashed by the design review in April: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/designreview_minutes_apr09.pdf

If memory serves me correctly, this project includes the ex-Speedy Muffler site and everything north to Ellerslie. I guess the Korean article also says this, but it's in Engrish, not English.

I must admit the site is a bit strange for a hotel...I don't know if North York needs another hotel but if it does, something at the 401 or Sheppard would be a much better spot. There's definitely a lot of retail gaps along Yonge north of Empress, and some existing retail in buildings that contribute nothing to the street and should be replaced, but given some of the glass & precast stuff recently built along Yonge, filling in the retail streetscape here with more of the same blah sterile condo retail may only result in a marginal improvement.

And it's a Kirkor project! Isn't everyone excited now?

what do you mean by Kikor project? is it good or bad? (sorry, i'm not really familiar with architects)

what do you mean by Kikor project? is it good or bad? (sorry, i'm not really familiar with architects)

Kirkor Architects = well, not always so great. If one can say that other firms in the city are dreaming in fine watercolours or charcoal, Kirkor tends to dream in those Mr. Sketch smelly markers, or possibly potato stamps. Fine for a site by a highway, maybe not so fine for a site on Yonge (though they got lucky with Hullmark, which should be OK).

Water-Park-Harbour-Marina-City-Club, whateverthehellitscalled down at York and Queens Quay, is another Kirkor project that's not so bad, but frankly the 'potato stamp' joke is funnier than anything Kirkor have ever designed is beautiful.

I-42....I suppose you are referring to Waterclub and Riviera Condos (east + west of Lower Simcoe respectively) ?? I certainly agree that those two are quite handsome buildings ... even if its designed by Kirkor ~

thanks for the link. i do think that there are more pros than cons in having this project become a reality.

I think it is located south, not north, of Ellerslie.

LOL. i apologize about the web translation, i did my best in finding as much details as i can.

Kirkor seems fairly incapable of designing 'beautiful.' I won't say anything bad about NY Towers (love the roofs!) but they are not beautiful. Same with One Park Tower (love those gargoyles!).

'Successes' like Hullmark are mostly successful because of massing and site plans and other planning factors, not so much for aesthetic factors. Maybe it's the Tridel marketing washing away the dubious taste of Kirkor. The Hullmark towers themselves don't need bags over their heads (is that a compliment?). Centrium, though, gets a tentative FAIL potato stamp more so for the planning elements like the massing, site plan, road access, etc., than for the actual appearance. The podium in that rendering is a godawful mess, though.

I think it is located south, not north, of Ellerslie.

You quoted me saying it is located south of Ellerslie.

Back