88 Scott St. (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

They're working on the 24th and part 25th floor right now. If your unit is on the NEC of the 18th floor, I'm afraid your NE view will likely be compromised to some degree by Freed's 25 storey L-shaped condo building (Sixty Colborne) now under construction, and Carttera's proposed 19 storey L-shaped condo building at 65 King Street East which will extend down Leader Lane and eastward along Colborne Street to meet Freed's building. Once both buildings are built, I doubt very much you will be able to see the spire of St. James Cathedral, however, you just might be high enough to clear the roof tops of 26 Wellington St. E. and the residential building next door to it, so you're east view might be ok. Regardless, I think 88 Scott St. will turn out to be quite an attractive building and the location is superb. Congrats if you bought into this building.

They're working on the 24th and part 25th floor right now. If your unit is on the NEC of the 18th floor, I'm afraid your NE view will likely be compromised to some degree by Freed's 25 storey L-shaped condo building (Sixty Colborne) now under construction, and Carttera's proposed 19 storey L-shaped condo building at 65 King Street East which will extend down Leader Lane and eastward along Colborne Street to meet Freed's building. Once both buildings are built, I doubt very much you will be able to see the spire of St. James Cathedral, however, you just might be high enough to clear the roof tops of 26 Wellington St. E. and the residential building next door to it, so you're east view might be ok. Regardless, I think 88 Scott St. will turn out to be quite an attractive building and the location is superb. Congrats if you bought into this building.

Thank you for the reply. I currently haven't bought into the building but will be looking at assignments once they are allowed or what ever the builder has inventory left for in the summer launch which should be interesting how much prices have been jacked up. I'm very keen on N/E Corner as long as I'm above 26 Wellington St E. I'm happy. The living room and master bedroom both face East so waking up and even getting a tiny bit of the Lake would be fantastic. I also don't mind the South/East Corner so I'm super excited cause I absolutely love quite a few of the floor plans here. I really don't believe you can beat this building for the next 5-7 Years and prices will hit $1000 PSF one day for this(I'm sure of it!). After here where would you really want to move to in the city? I really can't be further then 5-10 Min walk from the Water!

Personally, if I were looking to buy into this building, my preferred unit would be a south-east corner unit on the 8th to 12th floor, or between the 25th to 30th floors.

I was studying the interior design of this building, and while the layout of the units are very practical, the built-in design does not seem to make efficient use of the space.

Examples of some design complaints for the unit I am looking at:
  • one outlet for the whole kitchen countertop
  • no outlet on island
  • hollow island
  • single sink in kitchen
  • small drawers/dishwasher
  • drawer handles
Also the material used (backsplash, corian countertops, laminate/carpet flooring, appliances) and wallpaper design seem very cheap for the premium this building is demanding.

slightly disappointed, almost a deal breaker if it wasnt for the location.

PS. is it really 4 elevators shared for the 58 floors? I read that somewhere. It would need at least double of that to move people effectively

Last edited:
Floor count determines speed but has little to do with the number of elevators. Developers can devote only so much room for elevators before the floor plan becomes uneconomical. There's 482 suites and 4 elevators in this point tower. That's about average for a tower like this.

Floor count determines speed but has little to do with the number of elevators. Developers can devote only so much room for elevators before the floor plan becomes uneconomical. There's 482 suites and 4 elevators in this point tower. That's about average for a tower like this.

The L tower has 8 elevators for 58 floors (avg 8 fl per elevator, or 73 units per elevator). my friend's infinity 3 has 4 elevators for ~30 floors (10 floors per elevator, 102 units per elevator) and he waits forever every morning to get on. god forbid one of them to break down. Aura has 9 elevators for 79 floors (9 fl per elevator, 110 units/elevator)

This condo is looking at 14-15 floors per elevator.

all of a sudden this building doesnt seem that hot any more to me.

correction, its 525 units per 4 elevators. I think someone here mentioned not to exceed 100 units per 1 elevator? this puts it at 131 units per 1 elevator. have fun waiting

edit 2: just been to my friend's Indx condo to observe the wait time of the 54 floor, 5 elevator setup. the wait time was definitely longer than average, and there was quite a queue in the lobby. I had to get on the second elevator that came

Last edited:
Also the material used (backsplash, corian countertops, laminate/carpet flooring, appliances) and wallpaper design seem very cheap for the premium this building is demanding.

slightly disappointed, almost a deal breaker if it wasnt for the location.

I have high expectations for the finishes and don't agree with your material comment whatsoever.

I'm curious what you're comparing to and what you were expecting. The model vignettes were well done and definitely compete/surpass similarly priced newly constructed units in the area. Most of your points can be questioned but I believe the kitchen layout you are referring to is reserved for smaller units. Kitchen islands have corion counters and the rest is quartz. If you're really curious, go look at a unit in the Berczy to get a feel of what the quality will be like as finishes are similar. Also, wallpaper is not an option and, if the unit you're looking to purchase has carpet in the bedroom, laminate flooring was an upgrade option. This building launched in 2011/2012, carpet in the bedroom wasn't as uncommon then. For example, most units in Shangri-La have carpet in the bedroom.

I have high expectations for the finishes and don't agree with your material comment whatsoever.

I'm curious what you're comparing to and what you were expecting. The model vignettes were well done and definitely compete/surpass similarly priced newly constructed units in the area. Most of your points can be questioned but I believe the kitchen layout you are referring to is reserved for smaller units. Kitchen islands have corion counters and the rest is quartz. If you're really curious, go look at a unit in the Berczy to get a feel of what the quality will be like as finishes are similar. Also, wallpaper is not an option and, if the unit you're looking to purchase has carpet in the bedroom, laminate flooring was an upgrade option. This building launched in 2011/2012, carpet in the bedroom wasn't as uncommon then. For example, most units in Shangri-La have carpet in the bedroom.

I think you are confusing quality/finish/design to material used. I am pointing out that for a price premium, we don't get full hardwood or full marble throughout.

I was comparing it to the L Tower. Standard Marble throughout kitchen counter-top, floor and walls of washrooms, stone tile backsplash, engineered hardwood throughout, multiple outlets around the unit conveniently located, Miele appliances, double sink, and more. 8 elevators for 58 floors. priced on average $743/sqft. by the time this is done, it will be asking for at least $850/sqft. 2012 pricing for a 2 bedroom was already $800/sqft

The unit I was looking at in 88 scott was the C16

@dracolnyte Hah. L Tower is a disaster. I wouldn't move in there if the faucets were gold. I've visited several units and never once left impressed. The quality and craftsmanship is terrible.

No, 2012 pricing was not already $800 a sqft. If I remember correctly it was between $500-$600. I like the layout of C16 but it has the smaller kitchen variant. You're also comparing a finished product to something you haven't seen yet. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Back